Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How could I go about a simple test for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Test Resulted. Vcc 4.5 my small power supply will only do (3v-4.5v-6v-7.5v-12v) I don't have a five volt regulator. I think the data sheet was showing a little more for this Chip.

Anyhow I'm not sure what the value's should be based on the supply should I try 6v.

1A_H / 1B_H = 1Y_ 0.165v

1A_L / 1B_H = 1Y_3.069v

1A_H / 1B_L = 1Y_3.069v

1A_L / 1B_L = 1Y_ 0.159v

On page 4 of the data sheet for the 74LS86A the minimum Vcc is listed as 4.5V. It also says that with the minumun Vcc (i.e. 4.5V), the expected output voltage for the high condition (VOH) is 2.7 - 3.4V(typical). 3.069 is smack dab in the middle of that range. Translation, it's good. At least gate 1 of the chip is good. You'll have to repeat the procedure 3 more times to make sure all gates on the chip are working properly.

Great. Still so confused as you are about the way the sensors are connected and why and how they are using the logic?

I just wish I had the diagram. Good explanations. When I looked over the data sheet I could see those and couldn't interpret it. I think I overlooked the Vcc 4.5v minimum.

Also, very good directions.

Thank you for the help. I wish you well in the coming new year.

kv

Last edited:
I tried to PM again and hit send instead of submit from the bar it seemed like it went from there. I also tried to give you rep points if none of that worked I should let ElectroMaster know about it.

Second test was good on 4A/4B/4Y.

I still need to test the other 2 sensors on the the other side of the load arm now.

Even though the Company is telling me otherwise it's just they are easy to get to.

Unless they give me instructions on dis-assemble and trouble shooting further into the machine I won't be able to see it through to the end.

It's a $15,000 us duplicator. I'm afraid to go further.

cheers

kv

No PM still but I think the rep points worked although I'm not totally sure. Good luck on your troubleshooting.

I found the trouble it was a sensor that was leaking on the load arm.

Now I know they were hiding info about it and leading me down a distant path to no where.

I'll do final testing tomorrow hopefully it will all be ok now.

Thanks for all your help on this.

kv:)

Edit: Going home to bed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back