How did Apple implement the Amber/Green Charge Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaKandEKid

I was looking around for photos of how they implemented they did that charge ring on the powerbooks.

I was curious how they were able to get such uniform light around the ring.

Anyone know or know of a link to a site with dismantled pictures of that subsystem?

Light pipes

Energizer have a bright uniform red band around their battery displays.
Guess what? They use no batteries nor any kind of power.
They use a light pipe that gathers and intensifies the light from ceiling lights.

Right... but do they have more then one LED as the light source. Seems too uniform for it to be only one, unless it was in thte center, but thats where the cord or plug is. ( i forget if that ring is on the power brick connector, or inside the laptop itself.)

audioguru said:
Energizer have a bright uniform red band around their battery displays.
Guess what? They use no batteries nor any kind of power.
They use a light pipe that gathers and intensifies the light from ceiling lights.

When you say displays, you mean the ones that are in stores like walmart usually by the cash registers?

I'm kind of skeptical how they can intensify the light... I guess multiple reflectors?

A large area on the top of the display is the light collector for the light pipe that concentrates the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…