Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How did electrotech start out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

Electrotech has become sort of my place to hang out with guys where I can talk about meticulous details in electronics and nobody raises an eyebrow... So how did this great site originate?

Well the bible says 'and then there was light' but I have a feeling that there may have been a topic going here first =\

I think it was when ElectroMaster said, "Let there be Electro-tech-online!" and ElectroMaster saw that it was good. And after the seventh install of PHP he rested.

Last edited:
aww man.. c'mon... I saw nigel goodwin's and audioguru's posts were like more than 20,000... they've got to do with the early life of this site, don't they? How 'bout if they put a permalink about the history of this site?

If you look at ElectroMaster's profile you'll see that he "joined" on 5th July 2002. I would guess that was when the site was created.

There are other electronic sites that serve the same purpose, yet this one is head and shoulders above them in popularity. Wonder why?

It's all of us wondrous users' sparkling personalities.

On an unrelated personal note I think that may have been the first time I ever used an apostrophe at the end of a word in conversation before <chuckles>

Last edited:
It's all of us wondrous users' sparkling personalities.

On an unrelated personal note I think that may have been the first time I ever used an apostrophe at the end of a word in conversation before <chuckles>

Ah, but apostrophes aside, we same sparkling personalities appear on many of the other threads as well. Yet we get tons of posts daily, while others languish in the doldrums.

Are we first listed in Google, or something?

It's either well a well planned out first page or it just happend that way but if you notice the keywords. Electro-tech online: "Electronic Circuits Projects diagrams Free"
Everyone one of those is going to be top on the list of keywords that people look for, and because of the overall traffic the site gets it ranks high on Google, so that's a big part of it. Google also seems to process all the forum traffic here too, so people looking for specific things ususally find it on Google. When someone asks a tough question here I tend to Google it see what pops up on the first few links, if it's a really rare question or what not the only link I'll find is the google link to the thread that posted the question I'm trying to find an answer for =O So either because electromaster has it setup that way or Google just likes us they keep a real close eye on the forums.

It's either well a well planned out first page or it just happend that way but if you notice the keywords. Electro-tech online: "Electronic Circuits Projects diagrams Free"
Everyone one of those is going to be top on the list of keywords that people look for, and because of the overall traffic the site gets it ranks high on Google, so that's a big part of it. Google also seems to process all the forum traffic here too, so people looking for specific things ususally find it on Google. When someone asks a tough question here I tend to Google it see what pops up on the first few links, if it's a really rare question or what not the only link I'll find is the google link to the thread that posted the question I'm trying to find an answer for =O So either because electromaster has it setup that way or Google just likes us they keep a real close eye on the forums.

Good thinking. You are especially right about the keywords... Googling just one or even combinations would point here.

Smart, that Electromaster!

And since the predominant opinion is to use google for searching this site instead of the internal search engine, it helps add to the page rank.

I ended up here after one of my kid's laser tag guns broke and decided to stay. :D

Notice how generally speaking hands off they are as well. If it ain't broke don't fix it =) Yet they're not just aware of but have actually implemented user requests on a few occasions.

It sort of makes me smile a bit now to Google a topic and find mine and others work here is #1 on the world wide search engines! :)

Yet its sort of disappointing to also then find out that apparently we may be considered the best publicly accessable sources of information and knowledge for said topics though! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back