How do you make an HP/LP by using only 1cap, 1resistor and a DPDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maor

How do you make a High Pass/Low Pass by using only 1cap, 1resistor and a DPDT?

Title, I got really confused with it lol.

Last edited:
This should do it. I had to do a crash course in Eagle to produce this image.

**broken link removed**

I asked for making both a high pass low pass using only 1 cap and 1 resistor not using two of each.
I'm trying to make an lp/hp controller and changing the freq. Using one pot

I asked for making both a high pass low pass using only 1 cap and 1 resistor not using two of each.

Oops, well pardon me.

Last edited:

Use a stereo pot!. I presume you know how crappy such a crude passive filter is?.

Well, your somewhat ungrateful response and less than cordial demeanor leaves me rather somewhat uninterested in looking into this further.
Well, sorry about that, I just really need some help.

@Mike & Nigel

Well, I didn't know that I will try to use an active filter, and yes it's for a guitar effect.

Edit: well I found out the store I buy from has stereo pots so I'm going to use that.

Last edited:
I tip my hat off to you k7elp60, but They made me realize I need to use an active filter.
I'm having an odd issue with my simulation. While the low pass works perfectly fine, and filters out anything thats over 723 Hz the high pass fails to work and for some reason the voltage from the AC power supply doesn't readout well (see the image.)
What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Filter.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 167

Well neither of those look to be filters?.

Have a look at:

Single-Supply Analog Filter Expert

For one of many useful sites.

Sorry for all the stupid double posting but I could use some help, now after using this filter, I get a dc voltage output.

Unacceptable language deleted - moderator.

Attachments

• Filter2.PNG
    142 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
It's yet another really poor filter, just like the others - what's wrong with the site I posted for you?.

Thats the thing, the filter I was testing was from the site you sent me (which is excellent btw).

But it seems that the "virtual grounding" concept doesn't work well.

Can't you see that the opamp in your lowpass filter is nothing but a buffer? It does nothing in the filter circuit.

Can't you see that your extremely simple filters have such gradual slopes that they are nearly useless as a filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…