zicco

Please guys i just need to really understand how programmimg work,
how where ICs been programmed before the developement of softwares :?: :?: :?:
Thanx.

zicco said:
Please guys i just need to really understand how programmimg work,
how where ICs been programmed before the developement of softwares :?: :?: :?:
Thanx.

Your question is fairly meaningless?, most IC's are not programable, and never were. It's only a fairly small range of chips which can be programmed, probably the earliest ones were ROM's and EPROM's?. Most IC's are designed and built to perform a particular job, no programming involved anywhere (basically built just as you would a discrete circuit - with slight changes for the medium employed).

if (clueless){
cout << "Check out https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/circuit-impedance-loading.15292/";
}

zicco said:
Please guys i just need to really understand how programming works,
how ICs have been programmed before the developement of softwares
Thanx.

Programming means creating code to serve a purpose.

IC's are normally not pre-programmed, unless they are in your computer. Your bios is a programmed IC.

When buying programmable IC's, you must program them yourself.

If the IC's you refer to are simple ones like logic gates, they aren't programmed, they are actually hard-coded. In other words, the manufacturers created a circuit for the IC which serves the intended purpose.

1s and 0s again

Hi guys u all made good points and thanx 4 that.
I think i should just ask my question like this :
IN PIC, FLASH MEMORIES AND SO ON, HOW ARE THE 1S AND 0S ARRANGE AND STORE IF WE ARE TO EXAMINE ITS PHYSICAL CIRCUIT

thanx guys for giving me part of or time

in pic and flash ..the 1s ans 0s are not stored as phy ckts..so that u can see..
it is stored a 'locked' electrical charge in the gate of mosfet etc..

during reading we check whether an electrical charge exists on that gate of a mosfet (eg:-1) or if no charge then consider it as 0. and writing is the reverse process ..

HTH

Re: 1s and 0s again

zicco said:
IN PIC, FLASH MEMORIES AND SO ON, HOW ARE THE 1S AND 0S ARRANGE AND STORE IF WE ARE TO EXAMINE ITS PHYSICAL CIRCUIT

don't worry about continuous capital letters.

Just think of each byte as a bistable flip-flop. **broken link removed** should have more info on this stuff.

As for physical examination, you will need to somehow break open the chip. Good luck.

Why not try one yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…