Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much Watt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

How much watt does this " 3A Solid State Relay can handle... "
================================
Relay technical voltage rating...
Input [3V DC to 32V DC]
Output [330V AC]
Link : **broken link removed**
================================
But I will supply 6V DC (Input)..
So what's the maximum watt this relay can handle..........

P = V * A or 330V * 3A = 990W

P = V * A or 330V * 3A = 990W

Thanks.........
Some more question as follows :
1) Can this relay runs on 6v dc.
2) If I have load of 220VAC and 3 Amp and the how much watt..
3) Can I use this relay to switch Fluorescent Light ... which contains ballast....

1. Yes, the control voltage is 3 to 32 volts DC.
2. 3 Amps * 220 Volts = 660 Watts
3. The ballast of the fluorescent light will be an inductive load. I can't get a very good data sheet from your link. An SSR used with an inductive load can accidentally fire due to a high load voltage rise rate (dv/dt), even though the load voltage is below the allowable level (inductive load firing). You would want a snubber circuit in there. You also want a zero crossover SSR.

Finally the SSR maximum current is 3 amps. Do you really want to run a 3 amp rated SSR with a maximum load?

Ron

1) If you are referring to the input control voltage, yes, according to the specs you posted.

2) Use the same formula as I previously posted. 220V * 3A = 660W absolute maximum.

3) Should switch the Fluorescent light without problem.

1. Yes, the control voltage is 3 to 32 volts DC.
2. 3 Amps * 220 Volts = 660 Watts
3. The ballast of the fluorescent light will be an inductive load. I can't get a very good data sheet from your link. An SSR used with an inductive load can accidentally fire due to a high load voltage rise rate (dv/dt), even though the load voltage is below the allowable level (inductive load firing). You would want a snubber circuit in there. You also want a zero crossover SSR.

Finally the SSR maximum current is 3 amps. Do you really want to run a 3 amp rated SSR with a maximum load?

Ron

Hi Ron nice to see you post again,

Let's also remember that the power is I*E*cos(angle), so we might only be able to handle 0 watts if the angle is 90 degrees.

So they rate the device in current so we know the max current really not the max power unless we know our load is resistive or we know the power factor. So the max power is 220*3=660 watts, but the min power might be as low as 0 watts.
Just something to keep in mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back