How reliable is cross referencing parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you need to take a good Close-up Picture of something, put a pair of "Reading Glasses" Directly in Front of the Camera Lens. (Tight to the Camera Lens)

Using a 2.5 Dioper reading glass will give a Focal Distance of about 12 Inches. and if your camera has an Optical Zoom, put it to ful zoom for best results.

(A 1.5 Diopter will be about 16 Inches Focal Distance)
(A 3.5 Diopter will be about 5 Inches Focal Distance)

Gary

Thanks for the compliment, but I just started in the photography game. I can't remember if I did anything special to get that kind of close up shot, it's been a while. I think I used the macro feature of my Nikon D80 camera, sorry like I said its been awhile. The only editing I did is croping it using PS CS. Sorry I couldn't been more of a help.

Thanks.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Don't test it, replace it!, it's under a fair amount of strain, in a hot environment, and is a common source of problems - for the cost of a small electrolytic (and make sure to use a 105 degree one) it's not worth messing with.

OK, I'll do that, but just to entertain me a little how would I test a capacitor. And as far as replacing want should I look for as in specs and value?

Thanks for helping Nigel.

Canti said:
OK, I'll do that, but just to entertain me a little how would I test a capacitor. And as far as replacing want should I look for as in specs and value?

You would use an ESR meter, a capacitance meter wouldn't be of any use.

To replace it use one the same value, and the same or higher voltage, and like I said before, use a 105 degree one (not the poor 85 degree ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…