how the circuit running and the output is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adax811

how the circuit running and the output is?

and the output (C and D) is DC or AC?

hope to get answer as soon as possible.....
THX...

Attachments

• How to works.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 189
If you mean the output voltage between the terminals C and D, there is no voltage whatsoever between them in the circuit as drawn.

JimB

but i getting 130VDC or 100VAC when i tapping on C and D using multimeter.
im not understanding how the voltage come...... and the YS2 is a magnetic coil. are they (VD3 and VD4) act as anti reverse-current? so that the output should be DC? but i had been told that the output should be AC. i'm confusing......

hi,
How and where is the YS2 magnetic coil coupled to the external system.
Is it mounted on a motor shaft for example?

A magnetic coil pick up output could be a unipolar or bi polar depending on its construction.

As there are no capacitors in the circuit, a meter would read a pulsed waveform, which would give both a dc and ac reading on a meter???

Please give us a lot more detail regarding the application.

adax811 said:
but i getting 130VDC or 100VAC when i tapping on C and D using multimeter.

With the supply at A and B, there will be NO OUTPUT between C and D, WITH THE CIRCUIT AS YOU HAVE DRAWN IT.

JimB

ya. the coil is connected to a 3 phases motor. and act as a brake for the motor...

what the meaning about unipolar or bipolar depending on its construction?
explain further pls..... thx

im using a digital multimeter...... boths also giving reading ( standstill ).

ya. both...... 130 VDC+/- and 100 VAC+/-........... and the resistance for the coil about 0.46 ohm +/-.....

are R1 and R6 resonantor..............

all experts are welcome.......

JimB..... i also think like u be4...... but the real have the reading.......... i also confuse....... i m not so familiar with the motor...... and the circuit supply the current to the coil for the brake........

hi,
Use an 'isolated oscilloscope' to examine the voltage across C and D, tell us what you see.

these are the R1 and R6......

i do not have an oscilloscope...... @@

in the other hand, do we have alternative way to solve this?

normally the brake coil would be DC or AC? and the Currrent supply must be?

Attachments

• How to works 1.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 131
adax811 said:
these are the R1 and R6......

i do not have an oscilloscope...... @@

in the other hand, do we have alternative way to solve this?

normally the brake coil would be DC or AC? and the Currrent supply must be?

The three 'resistors' with angled line drawn thru them are thermistor symbols.

Question, why do you need to what the signal is,, is the braking not working correctly.???

The drawing seems incomplete, there is no return path for the diode connected from the 220Vac. [top left]

Last edited:
ya...... i also confuse that y the circuit do not have return path......
the "BOX" which u drawn, not a component. that is a board number which i can say as ID/location for the cuicuit for the brake system.....

ya...... bcoz the brake is not working well...... intermitent........ headache......
is possible the current not enough?

hi,
The reason I believe the two points I have shown are joined are:
The other components in that original box are showing a 'black blob' which is used to indicate a connection of two crossing lines.
If you look at the bottom of R4 and VD6 there are 'blobs' which are not showing any linking connection.

With that link in, you would have a positive halfwave cycle at the junction of the two upper diodes.
When all the relay contacts are closed this half cycle would be applied across the brake coil.

A possible cause of intermittent brake failure is poor contacts on the relays.

As I said earlier, if you measure a positive half cycle you will get a 'dc' and a 'ac' indication on the meter.

Does this help.?

sry that i have been busy for awhile...... i think ur explaination i could accepted...... i think the circuit diagram is not complete...... as u've said, the 2 diodes are giving half circle current supply to the motor and the missing dot-line should be there. so that the coil can function. about the thermistor, can u explain the characteristic in this circuit? act as prevents large currents from flowing at turn-on?

hi,
Do you have diagram or description for the unit with the YS2 and braking coil.?

i no hv the diagram for the coil but i got the description for the coil. the name is magnetic brake coil only.

adax811 said:
i no hv the diagram for the coil but i got the description for the coil. the name is magnetic brake coil only.
hi,
From the original diagram, if all the relay contacts are closed, you will have a positive going half cycle of the mains voltage applied to the brake coil.

Depending how the magnetic field of the brake coil is acting on the rotating motor armature it should produce a braking action.

If the any of the relay contacts are in a poor condition, its possible you are not getting the required current flow in the brake coil.

Check the voltage across the coil as the brake is applied, use an oscilloscope, you should have a positive going half wave mains cycle.

Check the resistance of the coil when the system is switched OFF, does the coil match the resistance of the coil data sheet.??
It may have shorted turns or be open circuit.

Does the brake work sometimes and not others.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…