Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to catch TV Stand-by mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedropctis

For one of my projects, I need to understand the standby status of TV. I searched a little and saw that, most of the new model TV's can be switched on some special signals coming from VCR or Satellite Receiver over SCART cable. Is it one way? In short words, can't we understand if a tv is off,on or stand-by mode by using SCART.

In addition to these is there other ways to understand the status of a TV easily. Thanks folks

There's no way to tell from the SCART socket, you would need an internal connection inside the TV - infact you would probably require TWO connections inside.

You could always monitor the current the set takes, and decide from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back