Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect power to amplifier , noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.

integralx2

So i have an amplifier. It says that i must connect lets say +8V to pin 2 , and -8V to pin 4. Now i have 1 power supply that supplying 8V. Do i just take the positive end of cable connect to +8V and other end to -8V ? Or do i need to make this into two power supplies ? if so anyone know how its done properly ?

Sounds like you need a split supply as in -8V(common)+8V so no, doing as you suggest won't work.

Ron

how should i design this split supply?

Take a look at **broken link removed** scroll down to page 6 typical applications. You will see a good example of a dual supply. That is just one suggestion as there are other ways to get where you want to go.

Ron

Does the amplifier have a third pin named 0V or GND? If so, then it likely needs a split supply. Why dont you post the data sheet or schematic and we will look at it.

Is it a power amplifier such as one which drives a speaker or is it a preamplfier which connects a mic to a speaker amplifier?

If it's a preamplfier and you have the schematic, it's possible that you can convert it so it'll work off a single supply but the voltage will need to be higher, probably 12V minimum but 15V would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back