Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect this Stepper Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iawia

Hi,

I would like to drive a stepper motor (snall one like 3 ounces) I found at school. It has four wire coming out of it (2 pairs).

1st pair is blk & brw
2nd pair is yel & org

I am looking at a datasheet for a stepper motor online (UC3770A), but I am unclear on how to connect everything. I have an arduino that can send a signal or pulses to it if that is necessary.

Thanks!

there are quite a few threads on stepper motors on this site, use the search at the top of the page, I did that when I was leaning them also, plus I picked up abit more knowledge. The steppers are pretty easy to use w/ a "chip" and a mcu. I've used LV-8548M from sanyo with good results. the data sheet has some good info in it on running them.

As far I can see, you need two UC3770A to control one bipolar stepper.

I'll say that this spesific datasheet is poor in order to properly instruct how to connect a stepper to it and run it.

But one thing is sure, one of the steppers two pairs of coils (from what you can measure from outside, the actual number of internal coils doesn't matter here) have to be connected to Aout (pin 15) and Bout (pin 1).

Another thing is that there is probably other datasheets for the UC3770A ic that contains more practical information than the one you attached here.

Ok Thanks Joe and Grossel. I will look for a better data sheet as this one gives hardly any info on hooking it up. I suppose that they wrote the datasheet that was all obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back