How to crack solder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a SAC solder attached on a copper block and need to crack it as soon as possible for my project. I read that solder can be crack using certain instruments under certain condition such as providing hot temperature using furnace, mechanical shock n etc. However, I don't have the facilities. Is there any other easy method to crack it? Maybe using a hammer or hotplate? I really appreciate any suggestion. Thank you

Why do you need to crack it? Can´t you simply heat it past the melting point and pull off whatever is soldered to the copper block?

My wife has a cooking oven that will milt solder. She talks very loud when she finds me cooking electronics. Some thing about lead and cookies. (contamination) I can't see how the cookies will contaminate my electronics.

Now I have a small toaster oven just for electronics. On "broil" it milts solder.

Thats interesting. What is the temperature u use to crack solder? Thanks

I bet no one here is trying to crack solder, why are you still asking about it? Ronsimpson was talking about melting it, not cracking. Two completely different things.
Nevertheless common Sn63Pb37 eutectic solder melts at around 180°C, and some lead-free solders typically melt at up to around 220°C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…