Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to display the values from adc on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavenearth

Hi,

I want to display the output of LM35 on pc interfaced via parallel port and adc0804.I am not getting the actual idea how to do that. I have tried c,visual c++ and VB. It displays the values as 0 and 255 even if donot attach hardware circuit with parallel port. I shall be thankful if any one can help to figure out the problem.

Attachments

• circuit.JPG
    circuit.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 185
hi,
Which PC operating system. Win XP etc.??

Window XP
hi,
Have you downloaded and installed the VB runtime files? , without them your program cannot access the parallel port.

EDIT:
Checking your circuit, you are not showing a 0V/Gnd connection to the ADC from the PC's parallel port connector, pins 18 thru 25.?

Last edited:
Circuit is not showing gnd to adc from parallel port means that my circuit is not complete so that output can be displayed on pc??

Circuit is not showing gnd to adc from parallel port means that my circuit is not complete so that output can be displayed on pc??

Look at this image.
You have not answered my question in post #4.??

Attachments

• circuit.JPG
    circuit.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 179
now i did not try vb run time files

Without a suitable dll file, you cannot access the parallel port of the PC when using Win XP.
Also you need to make the parallel port bi-directional in PC set up, EPP.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Without a suitable dll file, you cannot access the parallel port of the PC when using Win XP.
Also you need to make the parallel port bi-directional in PC set up, EPP.

**broken link removed**

I have used inpout32.dll file in winxp but problem is still there. Can u provide me the source code so i can check my circuit.

i have tried this and is end up with the following error:
File not found dllport.dll

This means that the dllport.dll is not in your PC's Windows/System folder, it must be installed as the link says.

yes i did that but not getting values from ADC. i have come to know that this circuit will not work fine and will not display values on pc ulnless or until i attach microcontroller with the circuit. Is that so??

yes i did that but not getting values from ADC. i have come to know that this circuit will not work fine and will not display values on pc ulnless or until i attach microcontroller with the circuit. Is that so??

hi,
Have you tried this test.
1. Make the paraport an EPP in the PC boot.
2.Write a very simple program to make the paraport an input.
3.Use a 0V and +5V signal on the paraport pins #2 thru #9 and see a pin change on the PC screen, by using the simple program.

You should be able to read the paraport from the program.
This will prove that you have the program and paraport correctly configured, let me know what you see.

You dont need a PIC to use that adc.

Last edited:
hi,
Have you tried this test.
1. Make the paraport an EPP in the PC boot.
2.Write a very simple program to make the paraport an input.
3.Use a 0V and +5V signal on the paraport pins #2 thru #9 and see a pin change on the PC screen, by using the simple program.

You should be able to read the paraport from the program.
This will prove that you have the program and paraport correctly configured, let me know what you see.

You dont need a PIC to use that adc.

i did that too, i cannot read the parallel port. i have doubt whether interfacing directly adc with parallel port might causing problemz, i have directly intefaced it with parallel port without any ic just by attaching the pinz of adc with connector db-25 as shown in schematics.do i need to attach any ic for getting values from adc to parallel port???

i did that too, i cannot read the parallel port. i have doubt whether interfacing directly adc with parallel port might causing problemz, i have directly intefaced it with parallel port without any ic just by attaching the pinz of adc with connector db-25 as shown in schematics.do i need to attach any ic for getting values from adc to parallel port???

hi,
Post your PC program that you are using to read the parallel port, I have a 0804 IC, I will try your program.

Go Advanced

Manage Attachments

Browse

Choose proper file type

Upload

Post Quick Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back