How to Emulate a PSX Controller using the HC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a PSX gamepad interpreter based on that exact same webpage, so their methods are correct. But I haven't seen the HC code though, so I can't vouch for it. What is the problem exactly?

DigiTan said:
I did a PSX gamepad interpreter based on that exact same webpage, so their methods are correct. But I haven't seen the HC code though, so I can't vouch for it. What is the problem exactly?

The problem is that i can't download the software that is writen for the HC11 to emulate the PSX controller. The software is in a zip file format but i can't download it because it takes me to some crazy page as if the link is no longer available. Would you happen to have a copy of that software by any chance?

Man i could really use it.

Can't say as I have. He had the code up back in '04 but appreantly there's some kind of bookkeeping issue going on with it now. He may have also had a problem with code plagarism because I remember seeing that exact same code appear on at least one other site (though I can't find it, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't stop him from publishing it). The best I could offer is a gamepad reader program done in AVR assembly.

The good news is that the gamepad was extremely flexible in its allowable clock rates, so in your debugging you can concentrait on the software. For emulation, besides emulating the key/stick data, you'll have to respond to a few system commands and inform the Playstation of which controller you're emulating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…