Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How To Hookup A BAT54S In A Circuit / Are BAT54s Suppose To Be Really Tiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs14smith

1. Hey, I am building a circuit and it requires a BAT54, but it has 3 pins, and I'm not sure which pins go to what exactly.

I attached a basic schematic of how the BAT54 should be included in the circuit, so if someone could draw up a simply circuit of how to hook up the BAT54 that would be great.

Also, here is the BAT54 I'll be using: **broken link removed**

2. As you can tell this is my first time working with BAT54s, but when I recieved my package, I was amazed at how tiny the thing was, so I'm guesing to use it on my breadboard I'll need to do some soldering (solder the leads to a copper wire)?

Attachments

• temp..JPG
    temp..JPG
    3.6 KB · Views: 293
It is made to be soldered to a pcb by a robot. Solder wires to it for a breadboard.
If you connect it to a 12V battery like you show then it will instantly burn out if the polarities allow it to conduct.

If you connect it to a 12V battery like you show then it will instantly burn out if the polarities allow it to conduct.

Yeah I probably provided a poor example there, but basically I just need to know which lead of the BAT54 goes to what. Meaning, which is negative, which is positive, and not sure what the third lead goes to. That's where I'm confused at. The rest I can figure out.

But we do not know what you are going to use it for.
Maybe you should post the circuit you will use it in.

Edit:
Did you look at its datasheet that shows it has two diodes and its 3 leads?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back