Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure transistor current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

menirva

I'm designing a current source. In reality, how to measure the current flow thru E to C of the PNP, with ammeter? Is it the same with NPN?

Cut off the wire from (+ve VDC) to the E, then connect probe A to (+ve VDC), and probe B to the E? But i get different value displayed, when compare to the simulation reading.

Thanx!

forum6.GIF

p/s: sorry, ignore this post, i got it already, just a minor mistake.

Last edited:
I know you've got it but, for anyone that doesn't, it's the same as measuring current in any situation. Just break the circuit and connect the ammeter in series with it.

That isn't a very good constant current source, the current will vary hugly depending on the power supply and transistor's gain.

A better onstant current source can be made from an LM317, see the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back