How to monitor Pure Sine wave Using dsPIC30F ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghun

Hi,
I have to design 2.5 KVA Inverter. As per the specifications given by the customer I have to monitor the output of Sine wave Voltage and its Frequency (110V +/- 5% and 50Hz). My question how can I monitor the Output Sine wave Voltage and frequency to the Voltages required by the dsPIC30F DSC's.
Raghu

Last edited:
Step it down with a resistive divider and bias it that it can be read by the dsPIC's ADC and use the ADC.

Or use a zero-cross detection circuit and use that to measure the frequency. Or rectify the voltage and step it down with a resistive divider and then use an ADC on that to look for the peaks to figure out the peak voltage.

Or use a transformer to step it down instead of a resistive divider (this is safer) and use the ADC.

Last edited:
If you want to do it in a sophisticated (and more complex) way you can have look at this Microchip IC - MCP3909

MCP3909

I have played with it recently and it works nicely - by coincidence also connected to dsPIC30F - via SPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…