Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to properly do PCB edge connections in Eagle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toodles

I'm trying to design a library part in Eagle for a specific edge connection, the JAMMA standard connection for arcade boards.It uses a 3.96mm pitch edge connector, 56 connections (28 perside), with one removed for a key. The specifics of size and all can be found in the datasheet:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/04/EZM28DREH.pdf

I've done my best to create one in Eagle, including taking into account layers they've used in their example parts such as the keep-out layer. However, any attempt to use this in a pcb layout keeps erroring out, usually saying that the light version of eagle can't do this; I disbelieve this message because there is nothing in the limitations mentioning edge connections, and I can add their example edge connections just fine. Me missing something is far more likely.

Attached is the Eagle library I created that doesn't work. If someone familiar with Eagle could peek at it to see if I've missed anything, or had any specific tips for getting edge making edge parts in Eagle, I'd seriously appreciate it.

Attachments

• jamma.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 519
Aw crap. i knew about a total area limitation, but I didn't know about the 100mmx80mm limitation. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back