How to show number repeatly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Yes. You could use an oscillator, a counter and some logic, e.g. a 555, a 4017, a bunch of diodes and resistors, a octal buffer and two 7447 to drive the two 7-segment displays

Alternately you could use just a microcontroller

Hi. Is there any ways to shows numbers from 2>13>47>65>98>22 on a seven segment display?
I gotta say, I don't even understand the question. Please excuse my ignorance.

Also, the OP seems to mean one (1) seven segment display.

I gotta say, I don't even understand the question. Please excuse my ignorance.
Don't feel too bad about it Bob, I don,t understand the question either.

JimB

Do you want the numbers to be random? Or do they have to be the exact sequence shown in post #1?
For 2-digit numbers you will need two 7-seg displays.

For showing the exact number sequence in post #1 I think the only practical solution is to use a micro. It would be possible, but far more complex, to do it with discrete logic ICs. Not sure where a JK flip-flop would fit into the scheme of things.

I agree that a microprocessor would be the easiest. A simpler way with descrete IC's would be to use two CD4543 decoder drivers, a 4017 counter to divide by 6 and a 555 as a clock oscillator, and some diodes to select the abcd inputs of the 4543 decoder drivers. KYtan where are you at, in the world?. I have all the parts available that I described, and I would be happy to help you design the system and if possible perhaps send you the parts.
I do have two segement LED's also.

I in Malaysia and the shipping fee will be high. Can you sketch roughly the mind map of the design? Thank you.

I'll throw in my vote for using a uController. Almost any controller would work, but I'm most familiar with Microchip.

I would suggest

You should have mentioned in the beginning that this was a class assignment, and what the limits were.

Can you use an eprom? Or do you need to use discreet logic?

I in Malaysia and the shipping fee will be high. Can you sketch roughly the mind map of the design? Thank you.
Here is the basic design of the circuit less the counter and clock for one digit. By connecting diodes to the inputs of the 7446 the desired number will be shown on the LED display. You could use some JK F/f but I think it would take four of them arranged in a johnson counter, the you would have to decode it.

Attachments

• ONE DIGIT DISPLAY.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 153
I construct the circuit as shown in attachment below. However, the reset part when reset, it suppose to be "00" but it shows "02". I try to change to the Nor gate to or gate(it did solve the reset problem) but the 1st number as shown post number 1 cant appear and a "0" is shown. Anyone know how to solve it?

Attachments

• CSL lab 2.rar
    190.4 KB · Views: 114
KYTan I cannot read your CSL lab 2.rar file, and I don't know how to convert it. Can you post it in jpg,png, or bmp formate.
k7elp60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…