How to solder this diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadster

Hi, I'm new to the whole soldering/circuit building. I need to figure out how to solder this diagram. I have all the parts but am just confused as to how. I can't see the underside of the picture.Thanks!

Attachments

• auto_lock01.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 213
  • auto_lock02.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 193
i don't realy know what you mean with the underside of the picture but the schematic is a simple one

first identify all the conections from your relais and diodes and than simply hardwire the circuitry according the shematic

posible errors you can make are change the polarity of a diode and conect wires to the wrong relais contacts if your relais have already the same numbering as in the schematic than it's almost foolproof to make this

do it neat and precise and it will work without problems

good luck
Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
i don't realy know what you mean with the underside of the picture but the schematic is a simple one
Robert-Jan

Hi Rjvh,
I think he would like to copy the layout as seen on the assembled pcb, but he hasn't got a picture of the track side.?

chadster,
Look at this image, it represents the 0.1inch pitch project pcb.

Print it off, draw the components on the print out as though you looking from the component side of the board. That is, the faint tracks are the copper tracks on the other side of the board.

Do you follow this.?

EDIT:
The internal wiring of the relay may be printed on the case of the relay, you will need internal layout, so that you can connect the relay
correctly. If its not printed on the relay, post the relay type/code number, so that a relay datasheet can be found.

Last edited:
OK I think I am figuring it out. One question, what are the number labels on the bottom of the radio shack relay 275-241? the 87, 87a, 30, 85, 86?

Last edited:
here's the schematic from the box from the relay. I need to know what numbers are where...

Attachments

• Photo 34.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 152
chadster said:
here's the schematic from the box from the relay. I need to know what numbers are where...

Hi,
I have followed your RShack P/N and come up with this. ref attachment.

Does it appear to match your relay.?

Last edited:
in the right corner down are the nr 85 and 86

in the right top corner are the nr 87 and 87a

in the left down corner it is nr 30

the schematic is not clear which contact nr is NC (normaly closed) or no (normaly open) can be tricky

if you know the purpose of this schematic than it is not that hard to find out what contact you need

Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
the schematic is not clear which contact nr is NC (normaly closed) or no (normaly open) can be tricky

IIRC, without power to the relay coil, 87a is NC (to 30) and 87 is NO. And vice-versa when powered. A quick check with an Ohm meter will verify this as I don't have any of these relays to hand.

For more information on automotive terminal designations, have a looky here:
http://www.type2.com/library/identifi/bosterm.htm

HTH.

it's for me not clear in this schematic which is NC contact and which nr is NO contact

the swich is drawen in both positions and there is no indication what is what

Robert-Jan

thanks for the link I did save it but according this table the numbering in the posted schematic is not complying with it

Robert-Jan

Thanks for the help in building this board. One more ? Referring to my diagram above in the 1st post, what size fuse should I use to protect the lines IF1-5 IE1-6 ?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help in building this board. One more ? Referring to my diagram above in the 1st post, what size fuse should I use to protect the lines IF1-5 IE1-6 ?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

in my opinion you don't have to fuse them,
it's only the coil from the relais that is the load

if you want to fuse it than you can calculate the current that the coil takes

potential in Volts : resistance of the coil in ohm = current in Amp

if the coil is 280 ohm (common valeu) (could not open the data sheet from eric so exactly i don't know)

your car baterry will have a voltage in real life and durring charging from +/- 14V : 280 ohm = 0.05 Amp = 50 mA fuse can be 50 mA slow blow or 1 size bigger and a fast one (it's not that critical in this situation)

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…