How To Transfer Data From MATLAB To DSPIC30f4011 Via USB To UART Converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I currently doing some communication between MATLAB and dspic 30f4011, And i dun know how to set up the MATLAB (mfiles R2008 Version) and dspic30f40111 for it to start the UART connection. Here is the some coding i try on it but i still unable to execute. Din't u has any idea about it?
MATLAB Code
============================================
function comparison ()
global x1 y1 global turn
turn=0;
s=serial('COM3');
set(s,'BaudRate',9600);
fopen(s);
fprintf(s,'2');
out=fscanf(s);
fclose(s);
=============================================
But Dun Know why it unable to work. Has ur guy face this problem before?can suggest me the way to resolve it?Thank you and has a nice day. i quite rush for it.(^^)

break it down into more manageable pieces and check each of them individually.

have you done any serial communication before? if not i seriously suggest getting two ports and null modem (crossover) cable.
ports don't have to be on same computer. but each need to be open by some terminal program like HyperTerminal, RealTerm etc.
both ports must be set exactly the same (baud rate, data bits, stop bit, parity and handshaking - normally you would use no handshaking).
then whatever you type in one terminal should come out in other (and the other way too).

simplest nul modem cable is just two DB9 female connectors and three wires:

DB9F1 DB9F2
2-----------3
3-----------2
5-----------5

note that 5 goes to 5 (GND is always straight through) but 2 and 3 are crossed (send from one goes to receive of other port and vice versa).
devices that use handshaking lines (DRT, DTS...) use additional wires. on microcontroller it is common to just use TX/RX so
setting should be "no handshaking".

now you can replace one of the terminals with matlab. if the matlab opens port and connects correctly,
you should see in other terminal exactly what matlab is sending and if there is expected reply,
you can type it in by hand. once you get this working, you do the same with other side (pic).

you connect your PC to PIC and on the PC open terminal to talk to PIC. again same port settings are must
be used or there will be no talking. you can type in whatever you like and PIC should handle it.
if it does not or if gives incorrect reply, you need to modify PIC code.

finally when the bugs are removed, you can try matlab talking to PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…