How to wire a voice recorder taken from a toy to enable record mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Routard

Hi everyone,

I don't know if here is the good place for this question. Please, let me know if not.

I need to record new messages in a voice recorder module (photos below) taken from a toy. This module is a small board with an unknown chip, a speaker and a switch activated by motion, etc..

It has the following characteristics:
- Multimessages: it came with 44 posts totaling over 100 seconds of records;
- Pseudo-random access of messages: There are actually only 10 messages recorded 44 times in a random sequence. When the "play" switch is turned on (by shaking the toy) it gives the impression that the messages are accessed randomly.
- There is no microphone or indication to where to connect one.

My questions:
- Can anyone help me with more information about this circuit and, if possible, tell me how to modify/complete it to enable record and play modes?
- The contacts P22 and P23 would be for a microphone?
- One can read on the board: 10191, 10193... That would be the number of the chip?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• img_1867b.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 207
  • img_1870b.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
My guess is that you can't. Since it was from a commercial toy, it was mass produced. The COB (chip on board) was pre-programmed before it was placed on the PCB. There would be no need for a microphone input. Also, there are probably 10 messages with a pseudo-random address generator, not 44 message locations (waste of memory space).

Ken

Thanks Ken for your answer.

Then, if I understood I don't have a real voice recorder module.
Any idea about which COB we have?
This kind of chip could be read or rewriten? using an arduino or something like that...

Thanks again,

Routard

Last edited:
Hi Ken,
Buying a fresh recorder module or chip is maybe the only thing to do now. They are hard to find here in Brazil, but I'll try this way.
Thanks for the didactic replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…