Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hows that project.

Hows The Project

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Average

• Below Average

• Very Bad

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

junck

Hello.
I am going to start a project I just want to know if its a good one or not.

A Gun will be placed on a stand with a digital camera over its head. The Camera frames will be tramsmitted to a PC where you can see its view, The stand can be rotated along xaxis and yaxis. when you point at a particular point in the view from your PC, The gun will move accordingly and shoot at that point as accurate as possible

I did it for the government. It is very accurate. This is not a back yard project!

Sounds cool. Although, I would like to work on missile targeting systems one day. Do you have a laser attached?

Well I have just decided to have this as my final year project.

I will appreciate if you people could guide me for what to add in the project.

ronsimpson you are the first one who told me that i have done this project. If you could guide me further i would be grateful.

Actually i am not very bad at electronics and microcontrollers etc all i am worrying about is the mechanical part of the project i mean the stand for the gun.

A self targeting airsoft gun was done recently by an MIT freshmen. As I recall, it was widely covered on the internet, and landed the kid a job with some robotics company, probably to help build a war machine.

Almost every futuristic computer game there is has autonomous guns in it, it's a very popular idea I guess.

If I were your faculty advisor, I'd tell you to pick something more original.

What kind of gun? Airsoft - ok, pellet/bb - why not? shotgun - police!?!? :D

Unless you have rabbit problems in your back yard, try to sick with the low end of the firearm spectrum...

Anyways, not an original idea, but i think it would be fun. ;)

I believe that the next step isn't to make a rocket guided by laser.The next step is to make a program (AI) that can detects and separate peoples from objecs(thermal senrsors or camera) and then people from animals etc.So you can have a AI gun to guard you backyard from rabbits(p:).After rockets for big rats!!!I believe that it is difficult and you can't do it by yourself.Thanks for you time

ariakovo said:
I believe that the next step isn't to make a rocket guided by laser.The next step is to make a program (AI) that can detects and separate peoples from objecs(thermal senrsors or camera) and then people from animals etc.So you can have a AI gun to guard you backyard from rabbits(p:).After rockets for big rats!!!I believe that it is difficult and you can't do it by yourself.Thanks for you time

sounds good. and he should add a multiple warhead payload...that'll show em!

WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN! Are the coyotes eating your babies?

Krumlink said:
WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN! Are the coyotes eating your babies?

yeah those d@mn varmints won't stay out of the hen house! its a pain taking half a grove of eggs to the farmer's market!

quixotron said:
sounds good. and he should add a multiple warhead payload...that'll show em!

I dont' believe that it is so dificult.With a thermal camera you can have colors that you can detect object from humans and animals.Then you can make an algorithm that if red color exists in a particular shape you are a bit sure that it is a human or an animal.You can use many algorithms from AI.You have to lose hours and hours(maybe months) to make is works properly.Now about the multiple warhead payload i don't know a lot(lol).c u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back