howto config the lvp bit in config fsr

Status
Not open for further replies.

anojm

hello friends,
iam abeginer in the programing of the pic 16f877 .so i have a doubt that what is lvp used for & how to configure it

Hiya anojm,
LVP stands for low voltage programming and the explanation says it all . On the 16f877 the pgm pin (pin 36) must be held low when programming otherwise it could cause havoc. Read up on the datasheet as it explains all of it. Oh and if your not using LVP make sure you disable it in the config or you won't be able to program the pic the normal way.

Cheers Bryan

tnkz Cheers Bryan

k
i understood that .
my doubt is that lvp bit need to be configured at coding level or at burning level.
if u can explain in detail then it will be helpful

Re: tnkz Cheers Bryan

anojm said:
k
i understood that .
my doubt is that lvp bit need to be configured at coding level or at burning level.
if u can explain in detail then it will be helpful

His comment was rather misleading?, even with the LVP bit set you can still high voltage program the parts - this is in fact how they are shipped from the factory. If the LVP bit wasn't set before shipping then you wouldn't be able to use an LVP programmer, unless you programmed them with an HVP first.

In general LVP is very rarely used, due to the added constraints it puts on the target system.

You can configure ALL the config bits either in the source code, or in the programmer software during programming - however, it's HIGHLY recommended that you do so in the source code!.

Thanks for clearing that up Nigel I was going off memory whereas I should of quoted off the datasheet.

Cheers Bryan

lcd interface with pic

Nigel thkx
k
i don't know what was the status of the pic when it was brought actually i was trying to write a program to display to an lcd the digital value of the analog value given to a port

The display is being initialised.but the characters given to the lcd is not correctly displaying

Re: lcd interface with pic

anojm said:
Nigel thkx
k
i don't know what was the status of the pic when it was brought actually i was trying to write a program to display to an lcd the digital value of the analog value given to a port

It doesn't matter what the PIC's status was when you bought it, the first part of the programming process completely erases the chip!.

The display is being initialised.but the characters given to the lcd is not correctly displaying

Check my tutorials, they do exactly what you want!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…