Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP Pavilion DV1000 battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tianjin

I have HP Pavilion **broken link removed** entertainment laptop. I am using it since 3 years.Since last month i had no problem with it so far. But now its battery is creating problems. When i charge the battery, it stucks sometimes at 60% or 65% or 70%.

Then i pull the power plug out and plug it again then it goes ahead and reaches few percent more and stucks there. Then i pull the power plug again and plug in again and it moves a bit more ahead and reaches few percent more i.e 4 or 5 percent more. But it never goes above 92% and never fully charged.

Please suggest what can be the problem? Is is chrger or is it battery for batteria HP Mini 1000 ? How can i solve this problem?

thanks in advance,

Same as Ian and with a HP DV6000. Also went with the double sized battery, which raised the back of the machine a bit and made it easier to type (but did not make my spelling any better...).

Last edited:
3 years is about time to get a battery. I too, suggest the larger ones.

You can sometimes reset the battery manager, by setting the computer not to turn off on battery level. Let it turn off by itself and recharge.

I agree with the others. My laptop batteries tend not to last more than 3 or 4 years, so it's probably about time to buy a new one. If you don't, it'll only continue to get worse and to drain until it doesn't charge at all anymore. Might as well save yourself the trouble and spring for one as soon as possible ;)

Look for deals on the laptop battery. Pay attention to the maH ratting on the battery. A larger battery will be double. There are some advertisements to be wary of. At some places a longer warranty will cost more. You don't have to pay $120 for a battery.

You may want to keep the old one around just in case you need to use a rebuild service in case the battery becomes scarce. Rebuild services I've found generally to be more expensive. They can start by X-raying the pack, to know where to cut it open.

Ab external battery charger can sometimes be worth looking in to. They are invaluable when the DC power jck decides to bite the dust.

Chargers from www.iGo.com are really nice. I don't like their website at all anymore, but I have used their products for a long time. Your charger will probably go south at some time. Some of iGo's chargers will work on planes, cars and automobiles. Only the Tip is changed. The "tip" programs the charger with the output voltage and current limits. Thus, when you buy a new laptop all that's required is a new tip. The tips may wiggle a little more than the OEM charger and this might be problematic. The charger's though are rock solid. They are also now flat and thin.

In general, this is true, but some manufacturer's are making the charger and the battery communicate with each other.
Cables from their early chargers where a bit stiff and would fail.

They also make adapters that can charge mobile devices as well. This generally is a separate add-on that piggy backs off of the DC output and creates the 5V or so needed for mobile devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back