Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP360LX palmtop PC, found one in my junkdrawer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

I was digging through an old parts drawer and found an old complete HP360LX palmtop computer I remember buying it from Tiger for cheap. It has a CF and PCMCIA slot, should support some network cards and it has a serial port on the docking bay.
As these units are somewhat cheap if you can find them, they might be handy for a robot or automation controller (WiFi, RS232)
I've found very little info on these old beasts via Google, but something old is new again :)
**broken link removed**
360LX runs with 2x AA (and can charge NiMH/NiCD)

Does it have any form of sound?

I remember trying to source one of the first HP Journadas in the country for the boss. He wasn't going to take "not available yet" as an excuse.

Marks256 you like old silicon so I'm sure you'd like one of these. The Atari Portfolio
**broken link removed**
John Conner used one to hack an ATM in Terminator 2

Last edited:
hey, that Atari is pretty geeky....

blueroomelectronics said:
Maybe one is hiding in your piles of old computers. :D

I wish! :D

Here is one on ebay.
**broken link removed**

Hey! Check this out! It looks like this ram/rom evaluation board could make the little Atari Portfolio interfaceable!

**broken link removed**

:D

$50, not bad. A friend of mine had one. If DOS is your thing then lots of fun. No backlight on the Atari.

Plenty of 200LX computers on eBay too.

I like DOS. It is the one thing M$ did right. :rolleyes: Then again, that is all i had when i first started with computers... If i remember correctly, my only OS i had was the windows 98 boot floppy! :D

The old Tandy Model 100 used to rock. We used them for stocktaking using a program written by one of the employees.

When I was a kid I used to live for my visits to Tandy (Radioshack owned at the time) and when I got older worked for them for a number of years.

It was sad when they finally ceased trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back