Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HT9170 - DTMF receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack5225

Hello I am currently making a project in which enables me to turn applications on and off whilst I am not at home. I decided to get the HT9170B from Rapid and use in conjunction with a programmable chip to read the outputs but I am having several problems. I used the datasheet found at this URL **broken link removed**. And used application circuit 2 with the suggested value resistors/capacitors. However I got no output on any of the pins when using a mulitmeter. I am fairly new to electronics so no doubt I have done something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated,
Jack

The OE (pin10) of the IC is said to be internally pull high on P.3 of the above datasheet. But I sense something not quite right in the description because it mentioned clearly pulled down but no mention of pull HIGH.

Try connecting a 60K to 150K resistor from this pin to Vcc and measure the response again.

Hope this help.

My project is cell phone operated robot . I am using CM8870 I.C. and connecting it as shown in the datasheet but not getting output.
Does HT9170 can work out as an alternative to Cm8870?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back