Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Huh? What the?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, nice gadget. :) should be pretty easy to do it yourself, but the price is ok. (meaning, components, effort, pcb, etc should cost more)

I got a generic version on ebay for $5. It is fun to use in large super markets like walmart where they have walls full of TV's. I just stand about 10 feet back with the tv-b-gone in my coat sleeve. The employees panic when all-of-a-sudden all of the tv's just randomly turn off! :D good times!

I especially like it at radio shack. Those people are so dumb... :D

Why are we seeing more of these pathetic electronic devices:mad:

Talk about the misuse/abuse of technology.

I expect one day some ars**ole will market a device for turning off a persons pace maker, 'just for fun'.

ericgibbs said:
Why are we seeing more of these pathetic electronic devices:mad:

Talk about the misuse/abuse of technology.

I expect one day some ars**ole will market a device for turning off a persons pace maker, 'just for fun'.

They already sell them, called a 'gun'...

Don't you mean THEIR geography teachers?
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that HarveyH42 is solely responsible for all U.S. military operations, and that hence poisoning his geography teachers would effectively undermine the U.S. as a military super power. I tend to use the second person too much, when I shoud more appropriately use the third person or be more specific - thanks for looking out.

For the record, this is satire and silliness. Students: don't poison your teachers. Not to suggest that anyone else should poison teachers, either, for any reason domestic or international.

Last edited:
yea i agree with hero's first post, all the kids will get one, and be turning peoples tv's off for no reason, and even in shopping centres!

HarveyH42 said:
How will you defend yourselve against American invasion?

We'll throw their coffee in the bay! (it worked for you with tea!) :D

It's really getting beyond a joke, even the British Olympic shooting team aren't allowed to have handguns! - they have to go to Sweden (or somewhere?) in order to practice.

Personally, I don't own any guns that don't shoot water or plastic pellets. Haven't shot a real gun in maybe 20 years now. No place to go out and do any shooting around here, and not into murdering animals for sport. Just my preference, never really needed a weapon to defend myself. I think it's wrong to take away the choice, and some people need a weapon. How can a criminal be expected to follow the gun laws, if he doesn't respect any of the other laws?
Criminals were robbing and killing before firearms, and from what I've read, guessing they still do in the UK, just that now it's easier to get away with it, and the victims are less likely to resist with deadly force.

I was kidding about invading England, we already won that war...

things said:
yea i agree with hero's first post, all the kids will get one, and be turning peoples tv's off for no reason, and even in shopping centres!
Which post?

I remember someone taking their remote control watch into school and turning the TV on in the middle of the French lesson the teacher wondered what was going on!:D

I think the idea of no guns is a great idea. Figure someone goes to rob you and you manage to grab a big stick, might be funny wacking the crook a bit.

Is there really no guns? Or do they pop up on the news every week?

I wonder as I know people here in the US will get them and sell them somehow.

mramos1 said:
I think the idea of no guns is a great idea. Figure someone goes to rob you and you manage to grab a big stick, might be funny wacking the crook a bit.

Is there really no guns? Or do they pop up on the news every week?

No legal modern handguns, even for licenced shooting clubs, and even for the Olympic team!.

The only handguns you're allowed have to be ball and powder types, and I've actually shot a 'dirty harry' type gun just like that - but it takes about 20 minutes to load, with six chambers, balls, wadding, gun powder, and percussion caps.

Shotguns are allowed, if you can get a licence (not too hard), and rifles as well (but much harder to get a licence), and they have to be stored in an approved gun safe - many shooting club members keep their gubs in the clubs facilities.

But mostly the police have guns, and the crooks have guns - but not the public!.

So it's only the hand guns that are banned? Not so bad, a shotgun is better home protection anyway, just have point it in the general direction...

Really took 20 minutes to load the cap and ball? Guess you just needed more practice, or maybe a different style from the one my father had.

What about collectables and museum pieces? When they banned handguns, were these taken away from the owners?

HarveyH42 said:
So it's only the hand guns that are banned? Not so bad, a shotgun is better home protection anyway, just have point it in the general direction...

As I live in the country I could probably get a shotgun licence fairly easily, it would be a LOT more difficult in the towns and cities.

Really took 20 minutes to load the cap and ball? Guess you just needed more practice, or maybe a different style from the one my father had.

Wasn't me who loaded it, I suspect I would have taken a LOT longer :p

Bear in mind, you have to load all six chambers of the revolver.

What about collectables and museum pieces? When they banned handguns, were these taken away from the owners?

Presumably any working handguns covered by the ban had to be handed in?, generally museums have older weapons that wouldn't be covered by the ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back