Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Humidty Sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieter jamneck

Hi guys,

Can someone help me with a schematic or a link for a Humidty Sensor using a 3310 nokia lcd or a led display???

Maybe one that works with sensor of a VCR. I am living in South Africa and those kind of components are hard to find.

Thanks

Pieter Jamneck

Do you mean using the magnetic reader component of a VCR to sense humidity? So I'm guessing buying one is out? Unfortunately a VCR head won't help you much with this.

Hi pieter, welcome to the forum.
You can start out small first by learning microcontroller basics, since LCDs needs to be driven using programming.
I'd also recommend a cheap capacitive humidity sensor, HCH-1000 (a thread here which has some answers), which needs to be conditioned using cheap electronics. We'll continue from there.

Cheers.

AFAIK the sensor in a VCR is only a dew sensor, that detects condensation. I don't know if it can discern humidity % in noncondensing situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back