Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hyper terminal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkh

i have connected a mobile phone to an usb port. but i am not able to make it appear as a com port. so what do i do to communicate with it using hyperterminal?

mkh said:
i have connected a mobile phone to an usb port. but i am not able to make it appear as a com port. so what do i do to communicate with it using hyperterminal?

I have never hooked a mobile phone to a USB port. If anyone else has chime in.

Why do you expect it to appear as a com port ?

Did you neglected to load some software that includes a driver on the PC ?

3v0

Mobile phones don't have RS232 compatible voltage levels, you'll need a level converter. How exaclty did you connect the phone to the USB port?

Most of the time you will need a driver.I have heard of ways to get GSM type cell phones to work as a modem.I've even heard rumors of free internet on certain carriers.So,it depends on the model.here is a link .

https://www.developershome.com/sms/howToUseHyperTerminal.asp

I don't understand what the deal is why the companies can't provide this function with all the millions of others.Instead they make us use their service and charge extra for data.

Sceadwian said:
Mobile phones don't have RS232 compatible voltage levels, you'll need a level converter. How exaclty did you connect the phone to the USB port?

i connected the mobile (a nokia 1110) to usb port and not rs232. i want to send commands to the phone using hyperterminal, for which i believe we need an rs232 connection. so is there any method of making this connection appear as a com port to hyper terminal?

you need a proper driver for it. If one doesn't exist, then you're probably completely out of luck unless you could write your own from scratch...

Google for nokia 1110 USB driver

What about
**broken link removed**
?
5th from the top when I googled for Nokia 1110 USB driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back