Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am glad I decided not to become a doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

I almost finished my premed classes, dropped out my last semester. Pre-med GPA was 4.0, overall 3.7 with a BSEE. I wanted to be an ER doc or trauma surgeon.

But man, I can't hold my left hand steady for the life of me. Right hand is solid - left hand not at all, very shaky. I have to brace it well almost to the base of the fingers holding the tweezers to position 0805 resistors correctly.

Any others out there with shaky hand(s)?

I almost finished my premed classes, dropped out my last semester. Pre-med GPA was 4.0, overall 3.7 with a BSEE. I wanted to be an ER doc or trauma surgeon.

But man, I can't hold my left hand steady for the life of me. Right hand is solid - left hand not at all, very shaky. I have to brace it well almost to the base of the fingers holding the tweezers to position 0805 resistors correctly.

Stop drinking that scoll. :D

All joking aside, I would suggest you visit an MD about this. Shaky hands are not normal and this may be an indication of a medical condition. An imbalance in blood/glucose comes to mind. Another condition also comes to mind but I don't want to alarm you needlessly.
What I am trying to say is, have a Doc check you out...

Then again it may be too much hooch :)

All joking aside, I would suggest you visit an MD about this. Shaky hands are not normal and this may be an indication of a medical condition. An imbalance in blood/glucose comes to mind. Another condition also comes to mind but I don't want to alarm you needlessly.
What I am trying to say is, have a Doc check you out...

Then again it may be too much hooch :)

You know your right. I didn't think about that. Yeah, you should probably have that looked at. That's not normal.

You know your right. I didn't think about that. Yeah, you should probably have that looked at. That's not normal.
Wow, brilliant advice there Doc! ^^^^^

A blood sugar condition "typically" involves more than one shaky appendage, although not everyone fits the standards. The other thing to think about is if you've ever seriously injured that hand/arm at some point in your past and consequently it's manifested itself to present day conditions. Let your doctor know about that if need be.

Just don't drink the Koolaid!
Did you know that Koolaid is tainted with a special type of complex aluminum/sugar compound that's known to cause ADD/ADHD as well as mild psychosis like paranoia and pessimism? It's been linked to our government's so-called desire to gain control of youth. Eventually they turn out to be paranoid nerds, lurking about in electronic forums, spreading their goon-babble. Heck, there's even a conspiracy theory that the stuff is being sprayed from high altitude aircraft over our cities!:eek:

:p:p:D:D

complex aluminum/sugar compound that's known to cause ADD/ADHD

Do such 'diseases' actually exist? - my wife is sceptical about it, she's a trained nursery nurse and works as a teaching assistant in a reception class (4-5 year olds). Her opinion is that mostly it's badly behaved kids and poor parenting! - certainly in 99% of so called cases.

Many parents can't seem to understand why they can't control their kids, and it obviously can't be THEIR fault - so are happy to have a label they can stick on it, so they don't feel guilty.

The number of junky kids doped by Ritalin is disgusting, sure they are better behaved - but so is a cabbage!.

Many parents can't seem to understand why they can't control their kids, and it obviously can't be THEIR fault - so are happy to have a label they can stick on it, so they don't feel guilty.QUOTE]

I agree with the label theory

there will be defenetly some hard to control kids out there where the term does aplay but sudenly more than 90% fit the discription thats plain stupid

my kid is asertive and have an exploring drive and don't have a hamock mentality which can according to the discriptions out there also be labled as I don't know what

what does it matter ????

nothing for me, you still tired at the end of the day and you still want to give the best to your kid (it's a unconditional thing about your kids)

Robert-Jan

The number of junky kids doped by Ritalin is disgusting, sure they are better behaved - but so is a cabbage!.
Ritalin was over prescribed by many docs. Now they are cautious with prescribing it. Instead, they first try behavior modification techniques and other social behavior methods that are non-drug based. The parents needs to be educated as well - kind of like training a new pet dog.... you "train" the owner who in turn, "repeatedly controls" the dog.

AAD/ADHD is very well treated with proper diet. Check it out.
Parents feed their kids too much junk to keep them happy.
And UK people better start giving your kids fish again, you'll be amazed.

I know of one person on ritalin, but he's 60 years old, so I suppose it will not count.
But he is hyper without it, maybe it's because he's been teaching high school kids for 35 years.....mmmmm
He's part of the reason I've stopped teaching.:D

I only get shaky from having more than one cup of coffee a day.:)

HiTech:
what did you mean by the following: "shaky appendage"?

Mercury

AAD/ADHD is very well treated with proper diet. Check it out.
Parents feed their kids too much junk to keep them happy.
And UK people better start giving your kids fish again, you'll be amazed.

I know of one person on ritalin, but he's 60 years old, so I suppose it will not count.
But he is hyper without it, maybe it's because he's been teaching high school kids for 35 years.....mmmmm
He's part of the reason I've stopped teaching.:D

I only get shaky from having more than one cup of coffee a day.:)

HiTech:
what did you mean by the following: "shaky appendage"?

We have to have fish and it's important but the say that Mercury is increasing at an alarming level do the industrialization of china and india ?

Burning coal and such. What is the hubbub all about ?

kv

kv

Not sure KV, but there are other good sources of omegas as well..... flax seed.
But healthy fish mostly comes from way deep and way cold.
Doubt the Chinese will affect that, besides, it seems they are more after gold these days.:D

Doubt the Chinese will affect that, besides, it seems they are more after gold these days.:D

Shot themselves in the foot a little the other day, arresting an ITV reporter who was covering a Tibetan demonstration. Arrested him on camera as well, including refusing to acknowledge his official documentation as an Olympic reporter - clearly seen on camera - funny how they seemed to ignore the cameraman? :p

Not sure KV, but there are other good sources of omegas as well..... flax seed.
But healthy fish mostly comes from way deep and way cold.

I've heard about that stuff. Does it really help ya?

Anyway, the best fish comes
from the cold. My favorite I think is Halibut and next is Cod. MMMmmmMMM. Pollock is good too. What's funny is they used to sell Halibut liver oil and you can still get Cod liver oil. So they must be healthy. I'd rather eat the whole thing! Well, Not the head or the bones. Them fins are a little much too think.

Ya, it seems their politics are also a bit askew.:D

Uncle Nige, I was actually referring to their medal count, gold you see.
Why the heck is everyone biting their medals.:confused:
New form of self applied fillings or what!

SV, flax actually outperforms fish for omega concentration. It just doesn't smell that nice. But, I don't really care the positives for heart, arteries and brain far outweighs the rest.
The type I use provide W-3 concentrate of 1500mg and W-6 of 400mg.
Everyone knows that omega 3 is more important than the rest.
It also gives you Vitamins B3, B6, C and calcium, magnesium and zinc.

If you like to get our kicks from food rather that the modern pill, for omega3 try linseed(flax), sunflower seeds, fish, fresh nuts and mostly any seed.
One catch, they must be raw, that's completely uncooked, otherwise the fats go bad, way bad.
So if you can get those foods past your mouth in raw state, go for it.
I'll stick to the pills.

Ya, it seems their politics are also a bit askew.:D

Uncle Nige, I was actually referring to their medal count, gold you see.
Why the heck is everyone biting their medals.:confused:
New form of self applied fillings or what!

SV, flax actually outperforms fish for omega concentration. It just doesn't smell that nice. But, I don't really care the positives for heart, arteries and brain far outweighs the rest.
The type I use provide W-3 concentrate of 1500mg and W-6 of 400mg.
Everyone knows that omega 3 is more important than the rest.
It also gives you Vitamins B3, B6, C and calcium, magnesium and zinc.

If you like to get our kicks from food rather that the modern pill, for omega3 try linseed(flax), sunflower seeds, fish, fresh nuts and mostly any seed.
One catch, they must be raw, that's completely uncooked, otherwise the fats go bad, way bad.
So if you can get those foods past your mouth in raw state, go for it.
I'll stick to the pills.

Wait a minute. On the other thing. Your not saying it isn't real gold are you? I been stocking up on a little silver. That gold stuff is out of my league. A 20 dollar gold piece is hanging right around 900 bucks ain't it?

I supposed it was real gold, presumed that's why athletes bit theirs, like the gold diggers of old, that's how they tested the golden nuggets they found, by biting them.
Not sure about the value, but I do know SA is selling to almost everybody. I think around 900 auzy dollar per ounce. Hectic stuff.
Some say it could climb to around 1500 auzy dollar next year.
Better find a substitute for gold then, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back