Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I can't download the code to my handmade pic programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

indie

hi,my name is indra.i'm an indonesian student. i have a handmade programmer using 74LS07 which is dowloaded from one of F84 programmer website. i made some simple program using MPLAB and succesfuly compiled. but when i try to download it to my PIC16F84A by using WPicProg16 from dontronic, i got some error
"programmed verify failed on line 0, programming abborted".

Then i try to use PICALLW/P16PRO v0.15a FREE MODE!!! but error still occured
"address=0000 buffer=28BA device=3FFF"

and suddenly my ic 74LS07 became HOT...would you mind giving me solution how to solve my problem??? what wrong with my programmer?? :cry:
please help... :(

indie said:
and suddenly my ic 74LS07 became HOT...would you mind giving me solution how to solve my problem??? what wrong with my programmer?? :cry:
please help... :(

If your 74LS07 is getting hot, you have it wired incorrectly.

mmm...i see...i will check the circuit again but what about the error message ??? what is it mean ???

error 1 :"programmed verify failed on line 0, programming abborted".
error 2 :"address=0000 buffer=28BA device=3FFF"

indie said:
mmm...i see...i will check the circuit again but what about the error message ??? what is it mean ???

error 1 :"programmed verify failed on line 0, programming abborted".
error 2 :"address=0000 buffer=28BA device=3FFF"

It usually means the PIC isn't switching to programming mode, but if your buffer is getting hot there's obviously something badly wrong, so it's not likely to work.

:wink:
Ok the error message you are getting means that the programmer is failing on the 1st location of the chip, i.e. it can't program anything...

Does the 7407 get hot WITHOUT the pic in the programmer? if so then the programmer is wired incorrectly. If the programmer gets hot with the pic in then it is possible that the pic is in the wrong way, try turning the pic round :wink:

Let us know how you get on!

I wouldn't connect any PICs to the programmer until you sort out that hot chip.

You may damage the PICs. Check that you have wired the PCB correctly, and that you havn't shorted 2 tracks together when soldering.

:lol:

Like I said, check to see if the programmer is hot without a chip in it, if not, then maybe you are putting the chip in the wrong way round.

Don't worry to much about the pic, it's cheap, be afraid, very afraid, about the health of your PC ports....... :wink:

Get smokin!!!!! :twisted: (or am I not taking this seriously enough?) :wink:

i think the same as you matt..

just try and see and learn that's the way is should go..

if philips psents hundresd of dousand dollar in **** projects..

we can do the same whit a pair of free pics...

i asume that everybody sample the things..:D:D like me..:D

15 every month..:D

TKS

No, I actually buy them if i like one (first sampled it)...

If nobody buys them anymore then mchip won't live long :roll:

hahahaha

That's bull ****..

i tell you they earn money just by sample them to us...

we are testers, we are idea givers., we tell them their needings,
we do free talkin arround of the pics..,

and don't forget about the fact that in a chip market you need stock..

and when a chip fails.. you have miljion of them on stock for nothing..only for oucuping room for better running chips...

wy don't you think that not every model is able to sample..???

right because they are on the wanted level of stock ammount...

and what about if any one of us discover a tamagotsy..based on a pic chip..

well i think i made my point clear..:D

TKS

have you any idea how much tamagotsy chips there where produced..???

in Japan..??

china etc..??

TKS

:cry:

Never had much luck getting mchip samples, they ask to many questions, like what's it for, how many are you going to buy, what's your dad's best friend car registration number etc...... :(

In fact I supose that is one of the main reasons that I started/stuck with the PIC, because the prices of them are so low...... but I always try to develop ideas/code on the smallest pic possible with regard to cost of the final product. This isn't always the smallest cheapest PIC, i.e. if you have to stick 5 74/40series chips (4019 for extra ports) etc to use the "cheapest" PIC, it doesn't always work out the cheapest product.....

no heat from ic

as i have f84 programmer i am not getting any heat but i am unable to write to ic i am getting the same programming line error but i am able to read,verify,erase need a solotion i an using winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back