Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I found it

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrie

Yipeeeeeeee

I found my PICkit2. Now I can play again.

Don't stop...play. Don't stop...play.
:D

Mmmmmm.

Good question.
Oh.... Hi boomslang, how have you been. Bitten anyone interesting lately.

I want to try out a Pascal compiler I've downloaded, it's called PicMicroPascal.
I hope it's worth something, really would like a nice Pascal compiler, it will slot in well with my Pascal & Delphi background.

Do you have any suggestions/ideas?

One of my friends was also looking for Pascal, and MicroPascal was the only one I found. Don't know if he had time to give it a test run yet. I would stick to asm, C or Basic as you will have many more people/samples that can help if you get stuck on something.

Still working on biting a few new ones... :D

Something I will need in the future is a flexible revolution counter. Maybe I must look at that after I've checked out that compiler.
What you say makes sense though.
I never liked the puny list of supported chips from free c compilers, I always want to use something that is not supported.
I've worked last with C about 13 years ago. Will have to learn it again.

By the way there is a program about the king cobra on dstv tomorrow at 21:00.
Check out this amazing snake, up to 5.5 meter long, it can lift itself off the ground to approx. three meters.
Although it's venom is not nearly as potent as the boomslang, what will curl you up is it can envenomate with 200 to 500 ml of neurotoxic venom. That's ridiculous, half a litre of venom. and if that does not send you to the grave, the amount of anti-venom required to counter that will send you six foot under.
Amazing.

Yes, I have not really done a lot with asm the last 8 to 10 years either.
Just some bisics here and there.
So that will also be uphill battle, but maybe worth it.
I also want to make some systems for our trucks still, but some are big dreams.

The thing is adult snakes control the amount venom they squirt, so it will rarely be everything at once, since venom takes a little time to produce, and it might need some again.
But none the less, it is said 75% plus of king cobra bites are fatal.
When bitten by cobra or mamba's child, you'll experience numb lips, dry mouth and funny feeling tongue, droopy eyes, nausea and upset stomach, very short, rushed shallow breath, then death.
Not something to try and get used to. snakebites.
I'm off now to do tender quotes for transporting of product in two provinces.
Will check in later again.

You guys remind me now of "Braaivleis, rugby, sunnyshine and Chevrolet", OOPS, sorry Arrie. See you're a Ford fan :D)

Guess only the South Africans will know what we're on about?

hi speedcheck

Yep, I'm a bit of a Ford fan, now driving my third Ford(Mondeo), happy as can be.
I did freek out a bit today, I went to Thabazimbi for a job interview, on my way back, suddenly almost the whole lane where I'm supposed to drive is gone, just one moer-of-a hole.
There were cars coming on the other side, so I had nowhere to go.
The sound was not pretty. Will have to do wheel alignment and check the left side shocks.
Bloody municipalities can keep nothing in a proper state these days.

Oh, and for the guys not sure where South Africa is, it's in Mexico. :p
And we love braaivleis and biltong

Last edited:
Oh thanks for the reminder, it was making a frightfully weird sound earlier this afternoon, even the dogs were scared.:D
At least I'm not near the bathroom with my computer, I'm rattling on my little chair in the garage, hehehehehe.

Ooooh, I just saw something really ugly, frightfully scary and sad.:(

I logged on to my bank account.:D

hi speedcheck

Yep, I'm a bit of a Ford fan, now driving my third Ford(Mondeo), happy as can be.
I did freek out a bit today, I went to Thabazimbi for a job interview, on my way back, suddenly almost the whole lane where I'm supposed to drive is gone, just one moer-of-a hole.
There were cars coming on the other side, so I had nowhere to go.
The sound was not pretty. Will have to do wheel alignment and check the left side shocks.
Bloody municipalities can keep nothing in a proper state these days.

Oh, and for the guys not sure where South Africa is, it's in Mexico. :p
And we love braaivleis and biltong

Which road did you take back to Jo-burg? (Brits or Rustenburg). I'll be starting commissioning next month on Anglo Platinum Amandelbult concentrator upgrade and will be there for four months. Need to know where to look out for the elephant burial sites in the road?

Hope you guys have slept well.

spdchk
I took the R511 from Brits to Thaba, it's about 50-60km shorter than going via Rustenburg. That's a lot with our petrol/diesel prices.
I went to amandulbult also, got a bit lost though, lots of shafts.

Boomslang you can be lucky, mine has this virtual banker.... with a very red face.:(

Oh, and if you feel like a laugh, and a break from whatever you are doing, check out these:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Allo to you SA guy's I'm in SA too but different country where our snakes only give you a bit of vemon but you don't walk away. I was out in my tractor a few months ago and saw a black tiger snake about 6' long so I played catch up and run over with it. All of a sudden it turned and rose up and tried to bite my rear tyre which is about 4' high.. it scared the crap out of my and I had the tractor doing wheel stands getting away. Off memory the tiger snake is about No.4 on the list but as no one has ever benn recorded dead after a black tiger I don't know the number on the list.

But those snakes are one mean bugger and they don't run away they stand up.

Anyway the biltong we get here is crap...my favorite is a local Kanmantoo beer stick which is basically a metworst with a heap of chilli in it.... YUMMY

Cheers Bryan

Hi Brian1

Sorry you lost me a bit with the following statement.
I'm in SA too but different country...... So you are actually two people, or are you visiting in SA?
For me SA is short for South Africa, and you?

Black tiger snake, I don't seem to recall, but I do know Auzie has the tipan.
Now that is good for some good scares, just like our black mamba. From people in the know they reckon these two are really close when it comes to most things.
the Hartbeespoort snake and animal park (close to where I live) just brought their tipans out from quarantine. I must still go look, but the guy there who trained me relayed some experiences with a black mamba.
Tell you it's a beast of a snake.
He has handled both of these snake, so he can compare them quite well.
He did state that the taipan seems more sharp to movement, but he says the mamba is a bigger fighter when handled.
Some stories on tv I've seen about the taipan is quite scary though, but so also the ones about the black mamba.
I love cobras more, they're really beautiful, and slower to bite, my biggest attraction to them. The one here in SA you keep away from though is the spitting cobra, it's rated killer number two here, but that poison comes through the air to quick. That's how it stuns you, and if you're unlucky and it does not sail away, it can repeatedly bite you and leave you for dead.

Hiya Arrie,
SA for me is South Australia and yea the taipan although a small snake is No.1 on the list, Now another snake we have here is the death adder, a small snake but bulky and abloke decided to put some cotton thread one one tail to monitor it's movement over night. Where they thought this small bulky deadly snake was a ground dweller they found out wrong. It had visisted there tent, gone up a tree, searched there car etc. When the team woke up and followed the cotton they were shocked. So any Ozzie campers beware thinking you can sleep ontop of your car to keep away from the death adder think again. And yes this is a true science study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back