Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I made a cable but I forgot the details

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix52

I am an infrequent electronics hobbyist. Sometime over the last 35 years I ordered a ribbon cable and two connectors. I soldered the wire to the cable without melting the whole thing. The pins are pretty sturdy and fit snugly in my breadboard or in 0.100 inch sockets.

The problem is I no longer remember where I got these parts from or how to get any more. I don't even recognize the company's symbol on the connector.

If anyone cann tell me where this connector can be purchased (or even the company that made it) I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Attachments

• cover_on.JPG
    cover_on.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 229
  • cover_off.JPG
    cover_off.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 236
I am an infrequent electronics hobbyist. Sometime over the last 35 years I ordered a ribbon cable and two connectors. I soldered the wire to the cable without melting the whole thing. The pins are pretty sturdy and fit snugly in my breadboard or in 0.100 inch sockets.

The problem is I no longer remember where I got these parts from or how to get any more. I don't even recognize the company's symbol on the connector.

If anyone cann tell me where this connector can be purchased (or even the company that made it) I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Hi as iam new here dont know if i can put a link, BUT if you search for "pogo pins" iam sure you will find. vinc21

The loge looks like AP Incorporated. They made electronics hobby breadboarding supplies. I don't think they are in bussnies any longer...or maybe bought up by someone else. The connector looks like ones from Jameco: https://www.jameco.com/Jameco/catalogs/c284/P62.pdf (Lower right).

Ken

Thanks Ken.

Jameco sounds right. If I had a really old Jameco catalog I could check it out.

What is nice about this connector is that the pins are hefty. Solder cup pins (like those used in D-Sub connectors) are a lot more sturdy than the crimp pins used for 0.100 inch rectangular holders.

It looks like I have to resign myself to soldering wires to crimp pins. hopefully I won't mangle too many pins in the process.

Felix

Last edited:
If you can e-mail connectors companies and attach a photo, it is in their financial interest to come up with an equivalent (if you say you may order thousands of these).

speakerguy79,
You're correct, ribbon cable is pretty easy. Or I can order already built cables from lots of places.

Although my sample from many years ago was made from a ribbon cable, my current need is to connect to DB25. I want to take an old printer cable, cut off the Centronics connector, and connect the loose wires to an 0.100in spacing rectangular connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back