i need a 5 input logic simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinaxis

i have a project given to me by my college prof and i need a logic simulator that will allow up to 5 inputs on the logic gates. Does anyone know where i can download one? ty

hmmm... up to 5 inputs? so if you decide to use only one input, there is not much to be simulated anyway. what logic need to be simulated? just gates or more complex?

it's a priority 10-4 encoder with simple nor, not and and gates, the first and gate on the example given has 5 inputs, i need somethin that alllows 5 inputs so i can run the simulation the way hea has it set up

sinaxis said:
i have a project given to me by my college prof and i need a logic simulator that will allow up to 5 inputs on the logic gates. Does anyone know where i can download one? ty
You should be able to design it yourself.

If I understand the requirement, you have a one of five input that is to be converted to binary.

If this is correct (and even if it is not, the same principle applies), you draw a Karnough map for each output and find the minimal Boolean expressions for each gating arrangement.

You will learn more if you do it yourself rather than looking at a web site that has this info, or if we do it for you.

I'm assuming that what you want is a circuit that you can program to produce any 5-input logic function?

This would be really easy to do with a parallel EEPROM...

An EEPROM is not allowed or necessary. In his second post he wrote:-

sinaxis said:
it's a priority 10-4 encoder with simple nor, not and and gates, the first and gate on the example given has 5 inputs, i need somethin that alllows 5 inputs so i can run the simulation the way hea has it set up

This is a simple combinational logic issue.
Edit. I mis-read his requirement. The 5 inputs are to the first AND gate.

He has to design a 10 to 4 priority encoder. As I said above, this is a simple combinational logic issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…