Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need a earth quack alarum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want it to go off when it detects seismic activity or when an actual earth quake is in progress?

Don't think you need an alarm to tell you theres an earthquake in progress.:eek: But i'm from the american midwest and we don't get earthquakes, so what do i know:rolleyes:

The op wants an earth "quack" alarm anyway. Not sure what part of the world they have those in. Is that where the earth opens up and ducks come pouring out?

A quick google search yeids this circuit.
**broken link removed**
No clue how effective it is. I know you would need to filter out vibrations not caused by the earth moving. I would imagine computers are used nowadays to help decide if the vibration sensed was from the earth or from somthing else?

Last edited:
But i'm from the american midwest and we don't get earthquakes, so what do i know:rolleyes:
Yes, I imagine a tornado detector would be of more use to you.

What size are the ducks?
**broken link removed**

Get a cat.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Recently I had a surgeon remove the foggy lenses in my eyes (cataracts) and replace them with synthetic implants. This doctor invented many of the methods that are used by him and other doctors today. The results are absolutely fantastic. My fairly near to distant vision is perfect! I use reading glasses for closeup like I did before my vision got bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back