I need a small device made......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveeboy

Hi,

I am new here and have zero knowledge of electronics of any kind

I need a small gadget/device made and wondered if any here makes small devices for payment?

It is a small battery powered (1 x AA or 2 x AAA or maybe 1 x 9v) sound device that makes a ticking sound like a clock......the ticking sound needs to be controlled by the radio signal that sets clocks....maybe adding a small speaker and pcb to an existing clock mechanism would be the one/best option?

The electronics do not need a casing as this is just a proof of concept prototype.

If anyone fancies making this sort of device, please post or pm me and I will give you full details of the device?

I hope this is allowed on this forum as I am new here and don't want to upset anyone.

Thanks
Dave.

Last edited:
No, he needs a highly accurate metronome that ticks in step with something that is happening in Ft. Collins, CO or Hawaii.

Probably to be used to control typical 1sec solenoid driven clocks etc and have them accurately synced to radio time.

I would be surprised if "radio synced clock pulse generators" are not already available.

Not sure what you mean there.....I just need an accurate custom ticking sound controlled by the radio signal for a wall clock.

Thanks
Dave.

No, he needs a highly accurate metronome that ticks in step with something that is happening in Ft. Collins, CO or Hawaii.

That was my take, like a WWV receiver?

Daveeboy, what is this radio signal you mention? Do you mean for example like those GPS wall clocks that every now and then sync to GPS satellites?

Ron

As he lives in London he probably means the Rugby Time Signal (now obsolete) or the MSF Radio Time Signal. Seems a bit extreme for a sound effect though.

Mike.

Hi Mike and Ron,

Yes the time signal sets the clock and keeps it to perfect time.

I need a speaker added to make special sound effects (on the turn of the mins/hours, similar to a tick tock sound!), which I have saved in mp3 format on my computer.

If it is a project/device you could make and can give me a fixed price, I am happy to pm the full details to you.

Thanks
Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…