Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need an interpreter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi All,

I received the following PM today and I cannot imagine what it means:

"hey u there??....
i need ur help....

I googled for "u" but I found nothing meaningful, except that it is supposed to be a letter. The same applies to "ur".

I guess it is Kisuaheli or a similar language. :rolleyes:

Boncuk

May be both of us need to polish our language knowledge of African languages. :D

Hans

Wikipedia says "Ur" was a coastal city near the mouth of the Euphrates river.

Personally i hate "de" or "den". It saves just one key stroke and doesn't even remotely sound like the word it is supposed to represent. It makes the typer sound like one of those really annoying people in movies who speaks in a really annoying way that makes you just wantto go into the movie and punch them in the back of the head.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I received the following PM today and I cannot imagine what it means:

"hey u there??....
i need ur help....

I googled for "u" but I found nothing meaningful, except that it is supposed to be a letter. The same applies to "ur".

I guess it is Kisuaheli or a similar language. :rolleyes:

Boncuk
It means ur old.

Half the people my age will be dead in 16 years, so then the problem becomes not wasting what time you have left
on the same nonsense that you wasted your other years!

It means ur old.

Half the people my age will be dead in 16 years, so then the problem becomes not wasting what time you have left
on the same nonsense that you wasted your other years!

Hi Willbe,

you are talking pretty globally. I cannot say for myself that I wasted time (and money).

Instead of sticking my butts in the air to fly around for sightseeing I killed 255 enemies during the "Cold War" using the sonic boom and electronic warfare measures for weapons. (An RF4-E has no weapons on board).

Being retired I don't either waste time watching stupid TV-movies, and instead I'll make my new house fully automated including the electric fence around the garden with sabotage registering and alarm system.

An electric fence is very much advisable in Thailand since burglary is a widespread "hobby".

Boncuk

Last edited:
Hi Willbe,

you are talking pretty globally. I cannot say for myself that I wasted time (and money).

Instead of sticking my butts in the air to fly around for sightseeing I killed 255 enemies during the "Cold War" using the sonic boom and electronic warfare measures for weapons. (An RF4-E has no weapons on board).

Being retired I don't either waste time watching stupid TV-movies, and instead I'll make my new house fully automated including the electric fence around the garden with sabotage registering and alarm system.

An electric fence is very much advisable in Thailand since burglary is a widespread "hobby".

Boncuk
Was never in combat (in the USAF). I don't know how well I would have done.

I worked in EW in private industry for just short of 5 years.

In Thailand are you allowed to use deadly force against a thief? Not here in MD. I think in MD you have to retreat from your own house before you can use deadly force.

Whistleblowing is what got me sort-of-retired (and it also got me out of the USAF back in '70).

16 years and counting! Oh, yeah!:D

Last edited:
In Thailand are you allowed to use deadly force against a thief? Not here in MD. I think in MD you have to retreat from your own house before you can use deadly force.

You just have to make sure the thief lands fried in your garden. (trespassing) :D

I killed 255 enemies during the "Cold War" using the sonic boom and electronic warfare measures for weapons. (An RF4-E has no weapons on board).

PLEASE tell me more about this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back