I need help about GPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

u1988

I want to transmit from the gps receiver the data 1) height 2)speed 3) direction.... to me on the ground!

And by the way the gps is on aircraft ( helicopter on remote control)
so please give me an Ideas
in which gps i need to use and how to get the data to me on the ground!

And by the way someone knows commands on C language to the GPS
(transmit and receiver....)
(void main..,int,#include<stdio.h>).....
that stuff!!

thank you so mach!!!!

Last edited:
get yourself a bluetooth GPS receiver, partner it with a laptop / desktop, glue it to the heli and off you go. iBlue has a 32 channel 5hz model for under $100 ... it outputs all the data 5x faster than standard gps, which gives you a finer resolution.

your laptop or PC might need a better antenna for its radio, which you can make from just about anything metal and parabolic and nature - just search for "diy wifi antenna" (same band)

if you want to do things the hard way, get a serial GPS engine and a pair radios, like a Xbee Pro will give you ~1 mile range in "free air". The gps should pretty much "plug in" to the xbee, you shouldn't need much if any code. and on the downlink end, the other xbee just plugs into the PC, just tell your mapping software what com port it is on, and you should see your GPS data. if you need more range, look at the xTend or xStream products, 40 miles - perfect for a little UAV action.

sounds like a fun project, please share the details!

edit:
just to clarify, iBlue 737-5hz is the gps you want ... or at least the one I want

I sorry but you can give more details!
about the 2ways ,even the secned way is sound good to me!
(I don't need not more than 400M renge)/but 1km is very great!
and by the way just to see if you understand me correct!
i want to receiver from Gps (the Gps is on the helicopter)
and from there i want to send data to me on the ground!
and the data will appear in me Lcd display!
===================================
And how i translate the data to the Lcd display?
you have links about all the questions?!
with your answers!
===============
thanks so mach!!
for the Quick answer!!!

Last edited:
using radios like the xTend or xStream will basically just "forward" the gps signal from the gps receiver to your ground station. if you want it to read out on some puny display instead of a nice map, you'll have to whip up some circuit like a microcontroller that will receive the gps data, and format it to display on a puny lcd display.

pretty much just some serial IO routines ... receive data from the radio and output it to a serial LCD (or you could use a parallel lcd if you like lots of wires)

I think our man Nigel has some information in his tutorials for dealing with RS232 on a pic. if you're using a BASIC language it'd just be a matter of a SERIN command, a few string manipulations and the lcd PRINT command to output data.

there is a lot of examples on this site already for doing serial rs232 on PIC and Atmel microcontrollers ... it doesn't have to be specifically for GPS, because serial data is serial data, the commands don't care what information is being transfered. same goes for writing to an LCD.

Thanks very mach!

thank you for all the help!
If stack with something i will talk to you!

thanks you the best!

thanks!

I am just in the start of Project so it will take time!

but i will tell you what i need to do for now!

I want to use HM2007 Speech recognition !

to tell the helicopter to go left turn......

And mabe Auto poilt with the Gps with the data from the Gps!

i still need to lerun (read) more about the Gps data how to use the data!!

O.K that is it for now!

If you have any Ideas I will love to hear them !

thank you so mach for the information!
If anyone have more information on the Xbee pro i will love to hear about that!
thanks!

I mean:
Xbee-pro which part I need because 3 parts of antennas **broken link removed**
so were is the transmit?
what I need ? to transmit from the Gps,and what receiver i need for 1km distance ?
thank you so mach!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…