Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help (Power System) ..... please now necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard viurs

i need the answer of these questions
1- how to use the bridge to measure the resistance of the cable ?
2- how to comparsion between the measured value that i have it from the bridge and the stndard value ?
3- the value of increse or decrease of the measured value of resistance of cable. what express about ?
4- how to use the MEGGER in measuring the resistance of cable?
5- how to determine the type of the fault in the cable. is it short-circiut or open-circuit fault?

NOTE : i searched on google engine and i found a general information and i want accurate answers of these questions.
please.........help necessary

The more you beg, the less likely you are to be offered help.

Keep Googling, you will find the answers eventually. Wikipedia also has plenty of useful electronics information, too.

bridge has a known resistance adjusted to put current into equilibrium, resistance of the known value is equal to the measured value if current no longer flows on the ammeter connected in the bridge

Ok lets try this:

hard viurs said:
1- how to use the bridge to measure the resistance of the cable ?
The exact method will depend on the type of bridge used.
Connect the cable to the UNKNOWN terminals of the bridge.
If you have a three wire cable, select one of the wires, connect one end to one terminal, the other end to the other terminal.
Balance the bridge.
Read the resistance of the cable from the switches on the bridge.
Repeat for the other two wires of the cable.

hard viurs said:
2- how to comparsion between the measured value that i have it from the bridge and the stndard value ?
It all depends on the difference between the expected value and the measured value. The resistance of copper wire changes with temperature.

hard viurs said:
3- the value of increse or decrease of the measured value of resistance of cable. what express about ?
This does not make sense in English.

hard viurs said:
4- how to use the MEGGER in measuring the resistance of cable?
Depending on the type of MEGGER. Most of the new versions can measure low resistance and high resistance.
Use the low resistance range to measure the resistance of each wire of the cable.
Connect the test leads from the MEGGER to each end of one of the wires.
Press the low resistance button on the MEGGER, read the resistance from the meter.
Repeat for the other wires.

Use the high resistance range to measure the insulation resistance between the wires of the cable.
Make sure that the wire are not touching each other.
Connect the leads of the MEGGER to two of the wires.
Press the high resistance button on the MEGGER, read the resistance from the meter.
Repeat for the other wires.

hard viurs said:
5- how to determine the type of the fault in the cable. is it short-circiut or open-circuit fault?
If you understand the meaning of short-circuit and open circuit, it should be obvious from what I have just told you.

Is this a school/college homework question?

JimB

Thanks alot mr. JimB for these answers. but , the question number 5 i really know what the difference between the short circuit fault and the open circuit fault but i need the method or the steps to know the type of fault at the cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back