Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help solving these equations please!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksol

i really need help on this piece of work i dont know how to write the answer out and need the answers of course can anyone help solve this please thanks miksol.

Task 6: Use of Complex Numbers to Solve Impedance: M2
a) A series connected electrical circuit has a resistance of 32 ohms and an inductance of 0.15 H. It is connected to a 200 V, 50 Hz supply. Determine:
a) the inductive reactance
b) the impedance in Cartesian and polar forms
c) the current and the circuit phase angle
d) The voltage drop across the resistor
e) The voltage drop across the inductor[/FONT][/COLOR]

i really need help on this piece of work i dont know how to write the answer out and need the answers of course can anyone help solve this please thanks miksol.

Task 6: Use of Complex Numbers to Solve Impedance: M2
a) A series connected electrical circuit has a resistance of 32 ohms and an inductance of 0.15 H. It is connected to a 200 V, 50 Hz supply. Determine:
a) the inductive reactance
b) the impedance in Cartesian and polar forms
c) the current and the circuit phase angle
d) The voltage drop across the resistor
e) The voltage drop across the inductor[/FONT][/COLOR]

It's probably all explained in the last chapter you were supposed to study.:rolleyes:

well i just need help there is no chapter my teacher set it up he made the question himself lol but i cant find any solution for it i just fought you guys could lend hand lol cheers miksol:D

Hi miksol welcome to the forum(a bad way to start off Homework?). You can easily solve this:

1) Xl(Inductive Reactance)=2*pi*f*L
2) Add the resistance and the inductance reactance(series rule)
3) seperate the real and imaginary parts to find the phase angle and the magnitude
4) Since it is a series ckt the current will be same and it is given by (you guessed it )OHM's law where Z(impedance) will be used.
5) the find the voltage drop across the inducor or capacitor just multiply the current term with each of them.

This is basics and must be present in your book by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back