Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldFever

Hello. I am totaly new to making electronic things. I want to build this simple lie detector. https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/lie.htm but I have no idea how to start. I bought all the stuff on the list but dont know how to put it together. What does the 4.5 mean? Can somone help me with some simple instructions? I would be most gratefull. I want to learn how to make stuff but have to start somewhere. Thanks alot.

GoldFever said:
Hello. I am totaly new to making electronic things. I want to build this simple lie detector. https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/lie.htm but I have no idea how to start. I bought all the stuff on the list but dont know how to put it together. What does the 4.5 mean? Can somone help me with some simple instructions? I would be most gratefull. I want to learn how to make stuff but have to start somewhere. Thanks alot.

Hi,
I suppose you mean the 4.5V or Volts. That is a battery of 4.5Volt. The circuit use 2 of them. The negative terminal is connected downwards and the positive up (on both). Together they make the power supply for the circuit. You can see this as either a 0V/+4.5V/+9V or a +/- 4.5V supply with 0v at the midpoint. I hope I did not confuse you more than help :D

TOK ;)

GoldFever said:
A little more confused.. Does that mean I can use just one 9v battery?
Here is a functionally identical circuit that uses a single 9V battery. I added a 1k resistor in series with the pot to limit the maximum current, but it won't affect operation substantially.

Attachments

• lie_mod.png
    lie_mod.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 321
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back