I need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldFever

Hello. I am totaly new to making electronic things. I want to build this simple lie detector. https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/lie.htm but I have no idea how to start. I bought all the stuff on the list but dont know how to put it together. What does the 4.5 mean? Can somone help me with some simple instructions? I would be most gratefull. I want to learn how to make stuff but have to start somewhere. Thanks alot.

Hi,
I suppose you mean the 4.5V or Volts. That is a battery of 4.5Volt. The circuit use 2 of them. The negative terminal is connected downwards and the positive up (on both). Together they make the power supply for the circuit. You can see this as either a 0V/+4.5V/+9V or a +/- 4.5V supply with 0v at the midpoint. I hope I did not confuse you more than help

TOK

GoldFever said:
A little more confused.. Does that mean I can use just one 9v battery?
Here is a functionally identical circuit that uses a single 9V battery. I added a 1k resistor in series with the pot to limit the maximum current, but it won't affect operation substantially.

Attachments

• lie_mod.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 321
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…