I need Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.A.B

Hi everyone !

I am working on an ECG project (ECG=ElectroCardioGram, a device that monitors the heart in hospitals). the project now is almost done.
It sends its output to a computer and a special program prints the output on the screen (exactly as an oscilloscope does).

now, I want to seperate my device from the computer. I want to make a simple printer for my ECG. I want it simple, mechanical just as the earthquake recorder work !

can any one help me? any idea?

get an unused printer, while the paper feed motor runs continuously output your ECG reading to the motor positioning the printer cartridge, got what i mean?

Thanks, but I need a very fast printer. The speed of the printer head isn't adequate.
you know, the "QRS" complex coming from the heart takes 0.12 second only!

This means that I shouldn't use an ink-jet printer. I should use laser one. and this means more complication......
(I don't know how to control a laser printer !)

printers are not that fast to monitor real time qrs, how about your microcontroller store data on a memory card that can be retrieved for later printing?

Ok.. that's a good idea, but......

I am just a bigginner in electronics, I study medicine. My ECG is so simple, it doesn't include an ADC (Analog-to-Digital Converter) and I don't know how to..

One of my experiments, I used an old hard disk. I took the head (which is magnetically controlled) and attach it to the analog output of my circuit. It worked, but not perfectly. It was fast but not accurate..
Now, I believe that your idea is just what I need, yet I don't know how to do it, can you help, please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…