Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need PICBASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use BitTorrent but don't blame me or the forum when you get taken to court and sued. :rolleyes:

I will sell you the one I have for $50. I never even installed it.

EDIT: Nevermind, you will then pirate and it has my name attached to it..

mramos1 said:
I will sell you the one I have for $50. I never even installed it.

EDIT: Nevermind, you will then pirate and it has my name attached to it..
Check the license agreement, you might not even be allowed to sell it.

Having said that, I am aware that copyright law prevents copying even if you haven't read the license but if the license prevents you from reselling it and you sell it without even reading the license then how can you be held responsible?

Hero999 said:
Check the license agreement, you might not even be allowed to sell it.

Having said that, I am aware that copyright law prevents copying even if you haven't read the license but if the license prevents you from reselling it and you sell it without even reading the license then how can you be held responsible?

Well, they ripped me off with that junk. Doubt they would sue me. But I still would not sell it to a pirate.

JustDIY: Proton's demo is a joke, you can blink an LED with the demo.. MikroBASIC is a DEAL, 2K of .HEX.. Proton, 200 lines did not allow me to do a project. MikroBASIC I have done a couple and no problems. I am waiting to see what the SourceBoost BASIC people do (as they hook into MPLABS and $70 for it). If they do not move fast I will buy MikroBASIC. But at least I have it down to two finally.

But I like the MPLABS hook. I want to write the program and load MPLABS and do the rest from there.. I like Nigel's programmer software, but MPLABS to ICD2 is nice so nice...

Doesn't the license agreement state something along the lines of "if you do not agree with this license, return the product for a full refund"?

Mike.

... i am sure there is a freeware alternative to PICBASIC...

toto2004 said:
i need PICBASIC

Post deleted!.

These forums are not for requesting pirate software.

Moderator.

Ha ha! Nigel beetcha to it! :p

Pommie said:
Doesn't the license agreement state something along the lines of "if you do not agree with this license, return the product for a full refund"?

Mike.

I will have to read it. I like that idea. But it probably says if you open it or get it on the internet.. You are stuck with it. But I will look.

mramos1 said:
I will have to read it. I like that idea. But it probably says if you open it or get it on the internet.. You are stuck with it. But I will look.
Unless they allow you to read the license agreement before you buy it then you have the legal right to return it for a full refund. If you've opened the packaging then it doesn't matter so long as the license agreement isn't printed on the packaging.

Some Linux users have used this argument before to get a refund on computers that come with Windows. However some shops are now making users read the license agreement and sign it before they buy, whilst others will only refund you, if you return the whole machine.

I would rather just buy a blank PC or ask if they would give me a discount if I forfeit the OEM software package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back