Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need the 12 hour aspect for a binary clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyx10

Hey guys I really need your help. Me and my buddy are doing a group project that we have to present and we managed to do the hours and seconds of a binary clock. I've stayed up for hours trying to get this to work and honestly I am pretty exhausted trying to get it to work. It has to be in a 12 hour format and we used JK flip flops to increment the minutes and seconds. I don't think you could use them to create the circuit for hours, I read that D flip flops would be better. If you guys could help us out it would be great. I don't really understand this stuff all too well and really I don't want to appear dumb when it comes to this. :(

https://oi41.tinypic.com/2lng1o1.jpg
These are the minutes and seconds we have done, and I have no idea where to begin for hours.:confused::(

If you managed to build circuits to count both seconds and minutes then there's no reason why you can't use the same method and same type of flip flops to count hours.
If you've got this far without understanding how, then you need to do some more backround reading to ensure you do understand. You will gain nothing if we simply hand you a solution.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back