Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to count and display wheel turns (Magnetic sensor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I need to make a little something with a magnectic sensor attached to a frame and a magnet attached to a wheel.

Everytime the wheel turns a whole 360 degres, it must display the incrementing value on a display, like a LED display or something.

I was thinking of using an arduino with a sheild and stuff but it'll be like 50+$

Any idea how to do that with basic components ?
I beleive I did something similar a long time ago at school and required a simple OP AMP and we were changing the bits with a push-button. Now, it's a little bit far back but I'm sure I can increment bits with a magnetic sensor and whatnot :confused:

May you enlight me :)
sfe-7-segment-serial-display-red-small.jpg
oh and if it helps, I would like to use something like this:
**broken link removed**
it combines the display and an AtMega328

Buy an **broken link removed**, or hack a pedometer.

Last edited:
Wow this is great !

I figure it is possible to replace the switch by a magnetic sensor in order to avoid a physical contact ?

Simple cut+solder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back