Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to use a transistor for this pulse generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_s

I'm trying to build a circuit to get 220 VAC. I thought that building an oscillator and connecting the oscillator output to the input of the transformer, I could get 220VAC.

The problem is when I connect the output of the oscillator because I don't get nothing in the output of the transformer. I'm resolving this problem in other thread.

My question here is... I need to use the part inside the red square? I mean, I need to use the transistor or I can connect the oscillator directly to the transformer without using the transistor?
A friend told me that I need to use a diode with the transistor. It's necessary? Why?

If I need to use the transistor instead of conecting directly the oscillator to the input of the transformer... Can you tell me why I need to use the transistor instead of connecting the oscillator directly to the transformer?

In the picture you can see all.
https://img717.imageshack.us/i/transformerb.jpg/

When I put the transistor, the light bulb (12V 0.3Ah) lights very few. In the multimeter I can read 3 Volts.
If I remove the resistor and the transistor and I connect the light bulb directly to the pin 3, then the light bulb bright is the common one.

Last edited:
Why start a new thread?

If you'd read the replies to the last one you'd know that current is not measured in Ah.

To get 220VAC from 12VDC, you need an inverter which is a pretty common piece of equipment and can be bought from most automotive shops.

I won't bother looking for the other thread. The schematic here is the old one with many errors.
Why isn't the schematic attached to your post here instead of over at a different website that might delete it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back