Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i think this is a microcontroller ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynerd

So i was taking stuff apart and i found this one IC that looks like a micro controller

this is how it looks:

JVC 825IEK
D553C 236

so i am guessing it is a jvc d553c 236 but i can not find a datasheet for it or any information on it.

HELP!!
P.S. it has 42 pins

Last edited:
It is not worth salavaging microcontrollers. In general they have fixed programs that can not be changed. They are useless.

You can buy a large number of microcontrollers with onboard flash memory for less then $5.

well on the circuit the IC was able to be taken out for easy changeability and the bored it was on looked a lot like a Basic stamp kinda thing

anyway even if it is useless i would still like some info on it.

also my parents are not to big on the buying things on the internet (damn wish i was 18 haha) also i am a big DIY person and i have a budget of 0$ what i find to take apart is what parts i have.

Last edited:
andynerd said:
well on the circuit the IC was able to be taken out for easy changeability and the bored it was on looked a lot like a Basic stamp kinda thing

anyway even if it is useless i would still like some info on it.

Like I said above, it's a mask programmed micro-controller, that's all there is to know about it really - you can't read it, you can't alter it, all you can do is use it to control that one specific TV.

aww:( well meh nothing i can do! see i saw this diy laptop (more like DIY oversize calculator) and i thought it would be a good grade nine science project ! instant A!! but like i said i can't get things off the internet so i can't get a microcontrollers unless i find it i have loads of re- programmable eproms but no microcontrollers. anyone know what i could take apart to get one? haha i was thinking of using a Nintendo ds cpu then i could integrate thetouchscreen :D

here is the project: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back