Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to design a IR proximity sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhil arora

I have TSop1738 ir sensor which has good sensitivity
it sense signal from my remote even after reflecting from wall which 5-7 feet above.

Now i want to make such ir proximity sensor but it should not give false alarm due to my tv remote.
I want to do it using 89c2051 controller.
I have developed code for sending ir which is working and giving me similar range now i want to recieve and validate the ir recievd pattern matching with my transmitted pattern for this i know we have to do heavy multitasking.
I have tried this using timer but success was partial.

I would like to know your ideas and suggestions

what i understood -> u transmits a custom pattern , and the TSOP receives it . but r u using the same micro for Tx and Rx? my idea is that u can do this by reading timer along with low-high and high-low interrupt ( i donno 2051 supports edge selection for interrupts)

yes i did the same way and succeded
and 2051 supports edge triggering
i start timer at a negative edge and then stop timer at next negative edge
i repeat this for 5-8 times and ensure a valid reflected signal.
this ckt is totally free of any false triggering.

but one problem which i am facing is i am not still getting good range,
as i am increasing current range is increased and after 2.5feets it suddenly jump to very large values upto 5feet

i am making ir on for 1.5ms and then of 1.5ms and this is repeated 24 times and then 50-80ms of pause is there

Is there any other means to make a proximity detector with good range and no false detection

Attachments

• infrared_wireless.jpg
    infrared_wireless.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 5,281
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back